Silver on its way to $80 an ounce

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by mrbrklyn, Oct 4, 2012.

1. areich

areich America*s Darling

OK - now what is wrong?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Hey! ...I'm still waiting to hear your "silver" confession...

[​IMG]

4. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

doesn't really matter

5. lonegunlawyer

lonegunlawyer Numismatist Esq.

Of course it does. Hey, interesting new hair style.

6. areich

areich America*s Darling

7. lonegunlawyer

Aaaaahh, restricted?

Anyway, did the hurricane (whatever they called it) affect the price of silver in NY?

PS Your CT page is not like it used to be. What's up?

8. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

doesn't matter

9. lincolncent

lincolncent Future Storm Chaser Guy

On its way to 80? Please. CNBC has it at 3200 this morning lolz.

;laskjfd;laskdfj;alsdfkjsa;dlfkj.PNG

10. lonegunlawyer

The vamps have struck!

11. Juan Blanco

Juan Blanco New Member

Padre Mulcahy is waiting to hear your confession

tumblr_m1oub586DM1qfliepo2_1280.jpg

12. lonegunlawyer

I hope Ruben hasn't succumbed to the vamp threat.

13. giorgio11

giorgio11 Senior Numismatist

Which apocalypse are we talking about now? The one on Dec. 21 or the one on Jan. 1? There are too many to keep track of ... I guess I will have to wait and say "I'll know it when I see it" ... sort of an apocalyptic agnostic ...

Best Regards, :hail:

14. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

I am concerned too, but more for the vampire that might bite him :) Seriously Ruben, we all hope you are OK.

15. lonegunlawyer

I definitely do not plan on December 21st interfering with my Christmas, Mayan tradition or not.

16. lonegunlawyer

Ruben, where are you? If you are lurking, show thyself. :smile

17. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

Ruben may be having problems recovering from hurricane Sandy.

18. lonegunlawyer

That could very well be the case. If it is, I am sure there are many here that hope for the best for him and his family.

19. Pepperoni

Pepperoni Senior Member

After the great inflation of the seventies some still did not get the idea. It was so pervasive that price sheets for products were out of date when received. Women were forced into the worl place. Most lived paycheck to paycheck. Your employeer could not pay one man more to make up for inflation. Buying food was more importatmt than savings. There was nothing left with two people working at average jobs.
    Pms have never been in the middle class savings plans. Wall street created the 401K. Most are now realizing that if the markets dive, all they own will be in danger.
    Pms do have a place in all Americans savings plans for the future.

Pep

20. Juan Blanco

Juan Blanco New Member

Exactly this. I've seen nothing to prove otherwise: 'Americans' (most people) effectively own no Gold nor Silver. To combine Heritage Auctions and PCGS #s, Gold-bugs (hoarders) in the USA number perhaps ~300k affluents among 311 milllion souls.

0.1%! That's not even "1%" but I'd bet the 'Top 1%' are maybe 60% of gold-bugs with any real assets in PMs. There might be 3-6x more with a very small stash in PMs; not sure we'd call those marginal people "middle-class" either.

Still: better some savings than none!

21. InfleXion

InfleXion Wealth Preserver

I would agree. I have a very difficult time convincing people I know to save in precious metals unless they think they can turn a quick profit. Though thankfully there are some who are already on the bandwagon independently for the same reasons I am. Even though they understand how it hedges against inflation while also providing immunity from default, it's just not a priority for most. They would rather be in debt with the boat, the car, and enjoying the moment. I can appreciate living in the moment, you might get hit by a bus tomorrow, but not at the expense of my future prosperity. Many also just don't have funds to spare, but due to the staggeringly small number of people who are on the pulse in this regard there is a lot of room for interest to grow if and when price causes them to take notice. I still consider those with marginal ability to enter the PM market as middle class, by today's lowered standards, thanks in large part to price inflation and stagnant wages.

Draft saved Draft deleted