Silver eagles

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by RENE SIMPSON, Nov 27, 2003.

1. RENE SIMPSON

RENE SIMPSON New Member

For anybody who also collects silver eagles, have you gotton a 2003 that has a satin finish with a slightly rough feel? All of of my other eagles from the eighties to date, have a mirror finish and are extremly smooth to the touch. I am aware of satin finishes on coins but this coin seems odd to me and I not crazy about it. I ordered this one from a large coin service on the internet which is a new way to buy coins for me. :confused:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Howdy Rene -

From the way you describe things it sounds like you have your first example of an UNC ASE. There are two types of ASE - the Proof & the UNC (uncirculated). Apparently you have only seen Proof versions before - they have the mirror finish you mention. The UNC version has a satin finish. And usually - UNCs are a good bit cheaper than Proofs.

4. Stujoe

Stujoe New Member

Stop touching them! ;) :D

I actually like the look of the Uncirculated examples better. I think the satiny look is a good one.

5. RENE SIMPSON

RENE SIMPSON New Member

Heyyy Stujoe :rolleyes: :p

I know not to leave my fingerprints on a unc. coin. I have proof and unc. coins and I take very good care of them. Anyhoo, I have other unc. eagles and they are not like this one. This one I no like. Just too dull for uncirculated. Guess satin eagles are not for me. Have a good one :D

Draft saved Draft deleted