Silver Eagle

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Mrmarcus, Jul 19, 2019.

1. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

Meow thinks the toning is a bit too perfect, and it has been artificially toned. But maybe if you where to get it graded a genuine, it could fetch hundreds of dollars. The best be would be t put it on ebay. It would certainly get a better price than any other plain coin of the same value.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BuffaloHunter

BuffaloHunter Short of a full herd Supporter

I suspect that the coin in question is AT, but I like it! I'm sure that there's someone out there that would be willing to pay a premium for such a coin.

4. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Due to the youthful age of the coin, I question whether it was naturally toned. Would it get a grade? Who knows.

5. Autoturf

Autoturf Well-Known Member

20 dollar coin all day, they made 47 million, I posted a link to apmex to buy them today for that price, as they were produced, to each there own, its got a nice toning, but I like them to look new. at the end of the day its just a bullion coin. just to me anyway. I think natural toning as on a peace or morgan is part of its history, but new coins toned dont do anything for me, I know some like it, and thats all good.

6. adam5000

adam5000 Member

Nice to look at but in my opinion there is no extra value in it. I equate tonning with environmental damage

Draft saved Draft deleted