Silver certificates, keep?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by masterswimmer, Mar 14, 2019.

1. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Thanks Michael. I'll keep the lot of them. Grandkids will hopefully appreciate them someday.

Michael K likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

The last $1 in the last row, with the high serial number 9987..., is from the final partial print run that ended its block. That makes it interesting to some of us, at least. :cool:

masterswimmer likes this.
  4. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I don’t have many relatives passing down collectibles to me, and for that reason alone, they would all be keepers.

Call me a neat freak, but I would at least straighten out and unfold the bent/folded corners on the notes. Let me know if you need any currency sleeves @masterswimmer .

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    masterswimmer likes this.
  5. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

I've never purchased nor used currency sleeves. Info about which ones are appropriate and most cost effective would be great. Thanks much for your guidance.

6. Thomas R Reynolds

Thomas R Reynolds Active Member

My coin dealer wont even take them anymore unless they are a star or red seal or consecutive serial numbers. Last year I sold 25 and got a 1.25 per. This year face value is all I can get. Look for about the 5-10 best ones, keep them and spend the rest. Someone above mentioned passing them to kids at a show. Great idea. I have bags of 25 wheat cents that I pass out to kids at shows (yes, some have a little value to them). One way to keep the hobby going and get new kids interested in it. Worth it to see their faces light up.

Hookman and masterswimmer like this.
  7. Alan Cecil

Alan Cecil Active Member

I have 50 Silver Dollar Certificates a few uncirculated and the rest circulated that was given to me from late grandfather so the grandkids (all 7 ) will enjoy !!

Draft saved Draft deleted