Silver Certificate 1957B

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Moen1305, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Moen1305

Moen1305 Mysticism and Tyrants

I used to work in Beverly Hills near Rodeo Drive. One day while I was wandering around on my lunch hour, I passed a guy handing out something to everyone that walked by. I took one of his hand-outs and it was a Silver Certificate that looked as if it had just been minted. It was, and still is, as new looking as it could be. I never did figure out why he was doing this and I just stashed it away without think about it again. I don't collect paper money but I was curious if someone knew if this specific note was rare or not. I remember thinking at the time that he must be mad at somebody and wanted to get revenge by handing out all of that person's valuables. I guess I'll never know.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. dollarcrazy

dollarcrazy New Member

Your 1957B silver certificate is not rare but if in choice or gem CU, could be worth $4.00 to $6.00. The 1957B (Friedberg #1621) is the very last of it's type. :)

4. Moen1305

Moen1305 Mysticism and Tyrants

Thanks for the info. It doesn't have so much as a bent corner. It could have been minted yesterday. I guess I'll just stash it way and forget it for a while longer. Thanks again.

Draft saved Draft deleted