Silver BU Britannia Set

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Tater, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

I am thinking about listing my 1 oz britannia set. I believe they are 1997 to 2018 is what I have. What would they be worth? I do know many of them are worth more than spot.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. William F

William F Well-Known Member

Ive seen them online going for $40-$60 apiece, think it depends on the year mostly. Heres a set of 9 of them on ebay starting out at $500 so thats roughly $55 apiece, a little bit on the higher end.
    Great Britain Britannia Silver Bullion Collection 9 Coins All Different Designs | eBay
    I'll be interested to see if they actually go for that price... hopefully they'll go for a little less if I can help it... ;);) still trying to decide whether to collect these or the Canadian silver maple leafs next

4. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

Worth? It's a good question, however, I don't find an easy answer to that question looking around the internet. references to values send me to bullion dealers, not a price guide. it would really depend on presentation, it's bullion coins and many folks will see it that way and want to be near spot/melt. if they were graded and slabbed, it might appeal to collectors and they may pay over spot. if it's in a nice album, or display, it may also attract collectors and go for over spot. the thing is to try to take peoples minds off the bullion value and focus on the collector value.

1997-2012 .958 silver
    2013 - current .999 silver

I think 2001 and 2002 are the low mintage ones. in the end they are bullion coins and that's how many are going to see it and want to get them near melt or at bullion dealer prices tops.

Draft saved Draft deleted