Silver 1957 Lincoln Cent. Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Sley, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

That’s a nice Morgan. It is also a very common date. Because it was the last year minted, there are a lot of high grade specimens out there. People tended to set aside the final coin in a series. I would not spend to money to have it professionally graded, but I would purchase a nice snaptite or something similar.

Sley and Kentucky like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Unfortunately this is one of the most common years and the grading cost would be prohibitive. Coins worth less than $150-$200 aren't worth grading.

Sley and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  4. Sley

Sley Active Member

Thank you

Kentucky likes this.
  5. Sley

Sley Active Member

Yes, I just purchased a slew of sleeves and snaptite's. What about Morgan dates, 1883 and 1885? I'm trying to figure out what to do with these coins. I have many kennedy half's, rolls of old buffalo nickels, and some rolls of AU nickels. Do people melt these? And what am I supposed to do with 160 rolls of lincoln cents and pennies? Lol I don't have anyone to leave them too.

6. Sley

Sley Active Member

I should just invite the Ohioan coin people over for a coin party and drinks. Lol

DEA likes this.
  7. JeffC

JeffC Go explore something and think a happy thought!

Wow. Those will keep you busy for awhile. But it's really fun if you enjoy the hobby. LincolnCentResource.com is a great reference site.

8. Sley

Sley Active Member

Thank you Jeff. Looking for all the help I can get! Happy Thanksgiving to you.

JeffC likes this.
  9. JeffC

JeffC Go explore something and think a happy thought!

Happy Thanksgiving. Who knows you might find the famous and elusive 1955 DDO!

Sley likes this.
  10. Sley

Sley Active Member

I actually have one. The funny thing is, is that I misplaced it 3 weeks ago. It's somewhere here.

Kentucky likes this.
  11. Sley

Sley Active Member

12. Sley

Sley Active Member

This is interesting. Was this done at the mint? The reverse is normal.

13. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

No. Post mint damage.

Sley likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted