Silly question: Where can I buy blank coin attribution tickets

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Svarog, May 24, 2017.

1. Svarog

Svarog Well-Known Member

Hello Friends,

Question: Where can I buy blank coin attribution tickets (I believe i need a special paper which doesn't damage coins) and how would you go about putting information on these tickets, besides doing it manually with your own handwriting, how to make it look like the tickets from major auction houses?

Thank you,
    Best,
    Svarog

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

My method, for making inserts to go in the pockets of 2" x 2" safety flips:

1. Create a document in MS Word or Excel or whatever program you're comfortable with that can create tables.
    2. Make a table, and make all of the cells in the table 1.7 inches square. I lay mine out with the page set to "landscape" orientation, and with minimal margins the table ends up with 24 squares, 6 wide and 4 deep.
    3. You can then type in those squares and use your word processing program to format the text the way you want.
    4. Print on card stock or slightly heavier paper. If you use regular paper it will be too bendy to slide into a flip pocket.
    5. Cut out the squares and put your inserts in the flips!
    It takes some tinkering and trial and error, but its worth it to get your own custom insert.

I you have MS word on your computer and would like me to email you some templates, I'd be happy to.

4. Svarog

Svarog Well-Known Member

Thank you so much, much appreciated.

5. Victor_Clark

Victor_Clark all my best friends are dead Romans Dealer

Jwt708, Alegandron and Ajax like this.
  6. Nicholas Molinari

Nicholas Molinari Well-Known Member

You can get acid free paper if you are concerned about that.

Svarog and Alegandron like this.
  7. Svarog

Svarog Well-Known Member

8. Svarog

Svarog Well-Known Member

Yes, where can I get one?

9. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I was going to say something real nasty and snarky, but then I read the thread.

[he's so embarrassed]

10. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Most people concerned about paper effect use the double flip with the fold, so the paper is in one side and the coin in the other.

11. Severus Alexander

Severus Alexander find me at NumisForums

12. gregarious

gregarious E Pluribus Unum

that's what i do, whenever i put them away, which isn't too often:wideyed::snaphappy::watching::rolleyes:

13. Nicholas Molinari

Nicholas Molinari Well-Known Member

Virtually anywhere that sells paper- Staples, Walmart, etc. Just Google "acid free cardstock"

Attached Files:

Svarog likes this.
  14. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

As a result of my daughter having a scrapbooking obsession, I have access to some very nice punches. Slightly less beefy ones are sold at craft stores (Michaels, JoAnns etc.) locally and there are many available online. Be sure to select a model that allows you to see the space about to be punched. I am using 65 pound acid and lignin free card stock from the local office supply store. You will also need a good paper cutter to make square ones unless you want to pay extra and get a punch with rounded corners. With care, you can even make donut shaped rings so a tiny coin can rest in the center with data around.

Nicholas Molinari and Alegandron like this.
  15. Gavin Richardson

Gavin Richardson Well-Known Member

I am shifting my storage method from flips to trays, with the coin sitting on the attribution ticket. I'm just using regular old copy paper for the ticket. How necessary is it to go acid-free? Would you characterize acid-free paper as a general precaution, or something that's absolutely necessary, or something along that spectrum?

Svarog likes this.
  16. Ken Dorney

Ken Dorney Yea, I'm Cool That Way...

I've had my coins sitting on 'regular' paper (one for over 30 years) with no change at all (not even the silver). I suspect it might take a couple hundred years to show much difference.

17. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

18. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

:D Thank you. She probably helped pay for my Daughters' University...

19. Svarog

Svarog Well-Known Member

Severus Alexander likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted