Signed Wonders Of Peace Dollars

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Evan8, Jun 23, 2024.

1. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

Recently pulled the trigger and purchased this amazing signed copy of Wonders of Peace Dollars by Leroy Van Allen. Oh yeah, it was also signed to Fred Weinberg.

20240623_112829.jpg

Sorry for the bit of glare, it is in plastic.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

WoW! Looks like an interesting read. What year was it printed? Looks old also. I know it says 2012 but looks older.

Evan8 likes this.
  4. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

It's 2012. This is one of Leroy's self-published works. He would make paste-ups for the pages with photos, collate the entire work, add page number stickers to each page, make a table of contents, make a paste-up for the cover, and take the stack to a copy shop to have them copied and comb bound. The white binding turns yellow and brittle over time.

A couple years ago, Michael Fey bought all of Leroy's works from him and is now selling most of them, including this one, as Kindle e-books on Amazon.

5. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

Interesting information. Seems like physical copies of this book aren't very common, or atleast available for sale.

6. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

Given how they were produced, you can see why. Secondary market only now that they're out of print. The two "Wonders" books deserve to be edited and redone for a new edition, published in a more formal physical format, but for now the e-book is the only way to get one unless you can find someone selling theirs. If I had a lot more time on my hands, I would probably start reworking the Morgan book first.

Pickin and Grinin and Evan8 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted