Siege Coin

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Ibuyit2, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Ibuyit2

Ibuyit2 Active Member

image.jpg image.jpg This is a picture of an 1894 Siege Coin that I picked up. I am not that familiar with this coin. All I know is that it was made from captured cannons. I bought it because I thought it was an unusual coin.

spirityoda and longnine009 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

It's 1814 that's Napoleon's Waterloo year Anvers I believe is just outside of Antwerp.

4. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

Anvers is the French name for Antwerp.

Galen59 likes this.
  5. Ibuyit2

Ibuyit2 Active Member

Yep you are right about the year! My mistake I had the Straits coin on my mind. Yes Anvers is just outside of Antwerp but I have a problem with finding any values. I have checked the PCGS and NGC price guides for World Coins values and found 1 with a clipped planchet but not a lot of other info but thanks for the reply.

6. Ibuyit2

Ibuyit2 Active Member

Yeah I knew Anvers and Antwerp were connected in some way. I thought it was probably a small village real close to Antwerp. Thanks for the Geography lesson! :)

7. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

Ohh.. yours is a 5 cent piece, I saw one go for 15 euros not long ago, so say 25.00 USD in tis condition.

8. Ibuyit2

Ibuyit2 Active Member

Okay that would make sense however I don't want to sell it I just wanted to gather as much information as I could because I take pictures of my coins and place them in an album along with a write up about each coin and you guys have been very helpful!
    Thanks

Galen59, wcoins and longnine009 like this.
  9. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Draft saved Draft deleted