Siculo-Punic Horse Galloping Type Writeup -> little bit of my resent research

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Windchild, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

IMG_7612.jpg IMG_7928.jpg IMG_7715.jpg
    Microscope (circa 1885), cavalry saber (circa 1902), Harley motorcycle and old hide. Yep I like old stuff, a few of the curios I have laying around here. :D

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

woah...you've got some crazy stuff ripley. that b-17 compass is cool...and a ferbie! ;)

THAT MICROSCOPE IS AWESOME!

4. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

Thanks Chrsmat Its 99.5 % restoration. I just need 1 stage clip to finish. Here are some more pictures with original wood box.

IMG_5170.jpg IMG_5171.jpg IMG_5172.jpg IMG_5173.jpg IMG_5174.jpg

5. Ancientnoob

Ancientnoob Money Changer

As a scientist I also love the microscope. I would sooo buy that!

6. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Ripley => you seem very cool and you certainly have some super-cool stuff!!

I am also a collector of antiques ... I love decorating and using sweet old items that we've found while travelling around on our vacations ... since we're all ancient coin collectors, I'm assuming that a lot of us appreciate old antiques (yup, nuthin' makes a house look more attractive than a few nicely chosen old-pieces of history, eh?)

=> super-stuff, Ripley ... well done!!

7. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

awwwwww shucks guys. :p

8. Ancientnoob

Ancientnoob Money Changer

My wife and I collect antiques as well. Shes into Wizard of Oz original memorabilia, you know canceled checks, autographs, pieces of original costume. I like Mayan artifacts, ancient coins and swords. I have almost pulled the trigger on a few 17th century Samurai blades, but I could never muster the gall to spend 3 grand when I could not be 1000% sure it was real. (people can fabricate some convincing hamons. So about 2 years ago I had bought one that was made to functional combat specification using modern materials (9260 Carbon spring steel). It could surely slice through a steel drum. Its awesome but having to oil the blade all the time can be a nuisance.
    Its something I always wanted, and now I don't have to worry about scratching a 400 year old blade a sappling.
    :devil:
    I might make a video.

I also have a 60 yr old coocoo clock made in West Germany, with the tags.....aaaand it keeps time aaaaaannnnnd coos!

9. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Heck, I am the antique in our house.:rolleyes:

10. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

Well Steve, I know there is one corner of the world. Where it will always be 1926. I like your stuff too. :hail:

11. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

Make a ninja video AN.

12. Windchild

Windchild Punic YN, Shahanshah

A small update...

Target one has been delayed until next year, to give me time to collect more samples and do more research for this research paper.

Target two (the first part of target two) is going to be finished by the end of the summer.

I won the essay contest with the essay on how I started collecting.

I have more information on the thread here: http://www.cointalk.com/t228198/

Edit: I am hoping to use the prize to purchase a few books on Carthaginian coins, which will help with this paper

13. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Ummm WC, I wasn't able to access your link (maybe it's just me?)

14. Windchild

Windchild Punic YN, Shahanshah

You need to opt-in to the General Discussion Forum on CoinTalk.

1. Click CoinTalk on the top-left of the screen
    2. Go down to General Discussion
    3. Click Opt-in Here

15. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Draft saved Draft deleted