Sicily Palermo

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by sambyrd44, Jun 25, 2015.

1. sambyrd44

sambyrd44 Well-Known Member

Sicilia Palermo Carlo di Borbone 2 tarì 1736 fn

The primitive strike and crude flan even for 1700's give the coin a neat look along side the wear from use in commerce.

this coin has suffered PVC damage a decade ago there was damage to the soft silver surface mostly on the obverse. The coin has been stable a long time. Neat coin in that its not ancient and not medieval but still quite old. Old of course is relative.

[​IMG]

The edge is quite distinctive.

[​IMG]

serafino, green18, chrisild and 4 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

cool coin and cool edge! i think it's called a "rope edge". i have this coin with a similar style..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

green18 and sambyrd44 like this.
  4. sambyrd44

wonderful Austrian Kruzer , love the look.

5. Siberian Man

Siberian Man Senior Member

King Carlo. 3 tari 1754. C#10. I got it for $27 only. And when I came home I read in Krause that it is RARE coin:)

Attached Files:

green18, chrisild, jj00 and 2 others like this.
  6. sambyrd44

Nice find Siberian Man

7. Siberian Man

Thank you very much Sambyrd44.:)

8. serafino

serafino Well-Known Member

Nice coin and I wish I had one in my collection of Sicilian coins. I have a 1735 2 Tari coin and a 1735 6 Tari coin. I've been bidding on some 1735 12 Tari coins on the Italian Ebay but I keep getting out bid. The 12 Tari coin is a crown size coin like a silver dollar.

BTW, King Carlo di Borbone in 1759 would leave Naples, Italy and become King of the mighty Spanish empire. Which is like going from Governor of Nevada to the President of the USA

9. serafino

serafino Well-Known Member

Where did you find this coin and does the seller have anymore ?

10. Siberian Man

I got this coin from my local dealer in my hometown (Tomsk, Western Siberia). I don't know where my dealer found it. But he didn't know that it is rare coin. I didn't know too - until I opened Krause "1701-1800".

Draft saved Draft deleted