Shut in Suppers

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Orfew, Mar 22, 2020.

1. medoraman

medoraman Supporter! Supporter

Because my wife firmly believes that if Costco doesn't sell it we don't need it, (except for the stream of Amazon deliveries lately and trips to Asian supermarkets), we have all the TP we could use in months. We also have a couple of cases of mac and cheese, 26 pounds of ground beef, cases and cases of other Costco massive food quantity stuff. Luckily, in Feb we could not find her favorite regular and sticky rice in 25 pound bags, so I convinced her just to buy 50 pound bags (enough rice for us for 6 months). So, whatever else happens, we won't starve and can wipe our rear ends. :)

wxcoin likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Orfew

Orfew Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

I wanted to make a shepherd's pie. I found ground beef at the first butcher I stopped up and he wanted 7.99 per pound. I did not buy it. I went to my local butcher instead and got a round roast for 4.99 per pound. I will just chop it up and use it instead of hamburger.

Deacon Ray, wxcoin and panzerman like this.
  4. Clonecommanderavgvsvs

Clonecommanderavgvsvs Well-Known Member

Very nice, we lucky got to stock back up on ground beef and we plan on having a taco night .

Theodosius and panzerman like this.
  5. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

I am having tonight...
    Cajun catfish filet, fried in butter/ German potato pannenkuchen/ salad.

Stevearino and Deacon Ray like this.
  6. Clonecommanderavgvsvs

Clonecommanderavgvsvs Well-Known Member

Ah pannenkuchen, my dad makes a German potato salad

7. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

When shopping for groceries and other goods, be safe when bringing them into your home.

Watch and share this video with friends and family - the doctor makes good sense, and the advice applies to anything you bring into your home - be well ;)

Deacon Ray and Stevearino like this.
  8. Orfew

I roasted a turkey breast and served this with carrots, peas, squash, garlic mashed potatoes, and the following little yummy. Homemade apple pie with a walnut crumble topping.
    apple pie.jpg

Theodosius, Ryro, Nemo and 6 others like this.
  9. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

Chili dogs! Now a relaxing bubble bath.

Alegandron and -jeffB like this.
  10. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Eating like that, you shouldn't need to do it more than a few times a month...

11. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

12. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

wxcoin likes this.
  13. akeady

akeady Well-Known Member

Stew again tonight - the recipe called for some wine, so I drank some - one for me, one for the stew, some more for me... cheers! Drunk from my Budapest Wine Festival glass, with matching holder.

[​IMG]

Bit of a clean-up required tomorrow :)

ATB,
    Aidan.

14. Orfew

White pizza...and yes the dough was made from scratch.

pizza copy.jpg

Alegandron, Theodosius, NLL and 5 others like this.
  15. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Jalapeno and cheddar burgers.. Side of potato fries in the good ole cast Iron.

wxcoin and Orfew like this.
  16. Parthicus Maximus

Parthicus Maximus Well-Known Member

I wanted to post in this thread before, but unfortunately the food was usually eaten before I even thought about this thread.

20200407_182427.jpg

This evening we ate whole wheat wraps.
    With chicken, green, yellow and red pepper, tomato, corn, onion. Very tasty especially with a little bit of chili sauce.

17. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

We made homemade Southern style biscuits with country ham and red eye gravy last night. I could eat my body weight in this and then take a bath in the left over red eye gravy. For those who don't know what red eye gravy is, it's a combination of ham drippings and a small amount of coffee. It's my second favorite dish next to squirrel gravy and buckwheat cakes. Yum!!!! ham and redeye.jpg

Alegandron, Theodosius, NLL and 7 others like this.
  18. Orfew

Very nice @Bing The biscuit looks great! I love baking powder biscuits but they can be tricky to make.

19. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

They are saying that this is nearly noncommunicable outside. Keep the hands clean.
    I meant to take a photo of the BBQ'ed ribs with a tangy sauce. Butted parmesan spaghetti noodles and corn. Yeah, we were hungry. Sorry, It was yummy!

Orfew likes this.
  20. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Tonight it was my turn to cook on the grill. Beef smoked sausage, asparagus, zucchini, and gooseneck squash - Yummy!

B37C213D-FD18-4D82-8177-A9822A5172BD.jpeg

21. Orfew

Homemade Lasagna. I started with a homemade bolognese sauce. I made the pasta from scratch and used my Kitchenaid pasta roller attachment. It was very yummy. It was cooked in my cast iron roaster. These are pricey but do a fantastic job.

Lasagna.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted