Show us your Euros...

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Atarian, Oct 15, 2013.

1. onecenter

onecenter Member

My only encounters with EU coinage has been through Irish uncirculated and proof sets. Originally-packaged Irish 2002 uncirculated sets are pricey!

Ireland traditionally has had very few commemoratives throughout its predecimal, decimal and euro coinage history. Through 2012, only three 2€ Irish commemoratives have circulated, the 50th anniversary of the Treaty of Rome in 2007, the 10th anniversary of European monetary union in 2009 and the 10th anniversary Euro coinage itself in 2012.

I do purchase their beautiful 5€, 10€ and 15€ silver pieces. The 10€ .925 silver piece issued in 2004 for the Irish presidency of the European Union is a particularly well-designed "crown-sized" coin with a swan.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

That was the last silver coin that Germany issued at face, by the way. The silver content had been 925 until the end of 2010, then the government decided that reducing it to 625 would make it possible to continue issuing them at face value. Did not work though, so "after Liszt" (since mid-2011) the coins have been in Cu-Ni at face and silver/proof (625 only ...) surcharged.

Christian

Derick likes this.
  4. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

That is cool. Did not know that. Got the coin from Goldmark. It is a beautiful piece in my opinion.

5. benveniste

benveniste Type Type

Still in the Original Cardboard and Plastic:

1999EuroObv.jpg 1999EuroRev.jpg

Derick and chrisild like this.
  6. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

In case anybody wonders about the odd face value: That was the official conversion rate for the French franc. (And in the circle it shows the rates for the other currencies too.) So this is a 6.55957 francs or 1 euro coin. :) Cool piece!

Christian

Draft saved Draft deleted