Show us your 1909's!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by lkeigwin, Dec 12, 2011.

1. WingedLiberty

WingedLiberty Well-Known Member

My 1909 Lincolns ...

1909 (MS65 RB)
    20903790.jpg

1909vdb (MS64 BN)
    1909vdb_MS64BN_1100.jpg

1909 vdb (MS65 RB)
    1909vdb_20520003.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

4. RaceBannon

RaceBannon Member

Attached Files:

5. Eduard

Eduard Supporter**

Here are my two U.S coins dated 1909:

Attached Files:

6. PennyGuy

PennyGuy US and CDN Copper

1909 a great year for cent collectors. It was also the centennial of Lincoln't birth that was commemorated is a number of ways. The City of New York issued this medal by noted sculptor Bella Lyon Pratt.

City of NY Medal Blk.jpg

7. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

8. coppermania

coppermania Numistatist

1909 svdb obv 2.JPG 1909 svdb rev 2.JPG

This was the first 1909 S VDB I owned. I really thought I had gone big time with an F12! Actually, a man at our local coin club knew I was into these and said "Check out this counterfeit", I took it home and called him back and said I thought it was actually authentic and said I would send it to NGC to be certified for him since I already had a group ready to go in. He thought that was a mistake and wouldn't help pay for that but we agreed to split any profit of a sale if it did indeed certify authentic. When it did grade F12 he was blown away and the grey sheet price at the time was 925 and we agreed that 450 was just right for me to buy him out.

That was the first time having the right book paid off and now I love to buy these raw whenever I can because people just are not sure and a bargain is usually possible. But beyond that, it seems that this guy takes my opinion more seriously and I think he gets some joy out of seeing me advance in this hobby. Quite frankly, and I don't always know why, I have had many people step up and go out of their way for me in this hobby. I try to maintain a close inner circle where dealings are fun, trustworthy and gracious.

Matt

9. lkeigwin

lkeigwin Well-Known Member

I have one like that! But yours is a 1909 and belongs in this thread.
    Lance.

[​IMG]

10. RiverGuy

RiverGuy Tired and Retired

This is the only 1909 I have in my picture file.
    1901 2.jpg 1909 1.jpg

11. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

Lots of nice 1909 coins!

A forum member sent me a message about my 1909 set and asked why the icon in my PCGS Registry set for 2010 was gold instead of blue like it is for the other years listed. To answer, the years in blue are for the years my set was listed as the #1 set in the 1909 Mint Set category of the PCGS Set Registry. Those awards are based strictly on the ranking of the sets and they mail you a nice 8.5x11" certificate when you win for your category. For 2010, the set was also the #1 set in the category, but the folks at PCGS decided that my 1909 Mint Set was one of the best mint sets of any year posted on the Registry and therefore named it as one of their "Best of the Registry" award winners. I was really surprised and honored that they chose to include my set for that recognition. I was even more surprised when they sent me a nice award in the mail:

[​IMG]

Of course, the coin I put on the plaque wasn't included... I just put that there for scale, but it's also a 1909... and a really really nice one!

12. dmott88

dmott88 Coin Slinger

DSC01109.JPG DSC01110.JPG I know I already posted this in roll searchers but I found it today in a roll and it fit this thread nicely.

13. robec

robec Junior Member

Here's a nice calm one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. ElmerFusterpuck

ElmerFusterpuck Bust Chaser

OK, here's my 2 cents, a raw 1909 and a 1909 VDB PCGS MS-66 RB:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]