Should We Create A Sticky Thread for Trade Partners

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ace71499, Mar 8, 2018.

?

Is a Sticky Thread for Trade Partners a good idea?

1. Yes

16.7%
  2. No

83.3%
  1. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

Hey Guys,
    Just completed a trade and was wondering if we should have a sticky thread in the trade section on successful trades with people. So that a "reputation" is made for them, if that makes sense. It would save time for people having to ask around for references, instead they could just look at the sticky thread and search their username!
    Please let me know what you think!
    Jason

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I don't think it would serve any purpose since we are not allowed to comment on listings.

Chris

4. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

Well i was hoping an exception would be made for this thread...

So you could post something on the thread like- "Just had a good trade with member XYZ, great partner"

5. Aidan_()

Aidan_() Numismatic Contributor

If you want to do that you could always post on the member's timeline/status.

6. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Not every trade goes according to description, and then the forum staff would have to deal with the argumention and threats, and that often ends with one or more members being in trouble. Posting in B/S/T was removed due to such problems and I am sure it won't come back. Most of the problems on the forum doesn't involve coins or numismatics, as much as it does person-to-person comments. Jim

Kentucky likes this.
  7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

But Jim, Doug said in another thread that "flame wars" was not a reason why posts were not allowed on the B/S/T forums.

Don't mind me! I'm just a trouble-maker.

Chris:punch:

8. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

He is much nicer and polite than me :)

9. nuMRmatist

nuMRmatist Well-Known Member

I think it's a great idea.

Coin / currency collectors are better than typical internet types. There's always gonna' be one fouled up trade, but truth always comes out, and when one's trade rep is already established, it doesn't take long for EVERYone to see what's probably happened...

If ya' want to continue to trade, you'll make it right. ESPECIALLY when you see that a good trade rep goes further than a few $ you made on a deal...

How many here have traded with other members?

How many here DON'T trade, since you don't know who's at the other keyboard???

ed.:
    There's already here plenty of less-than-civil debates over 'opinions'. If you have a trade rep on the boards to consider, THOSE debates would ABATE; betcha' ;)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  10. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Sorry, but it is not permitted.

11. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

Many forums that are designed around trading hobbies (sports cards for instance) have feedback systems intregrated into the forum to allow for trades. The problem is, these sites are taking an active role in trading and dealing with disputes. CT does not do that. CT takes no responsibility or administers any kinds of trading or sales. The for sale section is simply a bulletin board...nothing more.

By providing a feedback system...CT would be creating an environment where they are taking part in deals. As useful as such information might be...that will never happen.

Now what you might do is include in a for sale posting to PM the seller for references if you are concerned about this. Active sellers here certainly have repeat customers who would state previous experience with buying from a given member.

Draft saved Draft deleted