Should we break up the mint roll?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by bobbeth87, Jun 9, 2009.

1. cncman

cncman Senior Member

I opened 2 rolls so far, the first one had about 15 errors in it, DDR and clash. The second roll only had 14 NORMAL coins in it. The rest were 3 of the 4 DDRs and some clashes. So the rarity later on is going to be the question, how many of these boxes will not be opened because the collector wants to keep the rolls intact, and will these only be found on the date ranges we have seen so far. Who knows, my opinion is when I open 2 rolls and have almost 2/3rds of the coins errors they aren't going to be that rare, I am dumping them for the most I can get on ebay while I can. I am holding the nicest examples back for certification later.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. scorpio4frenz

scorpio4frenz Budding Numismatist

Error Lincoln Formative Years Penny

I was looking at my penny and I thought I had the error shown in the second pic here: http://doubleddie.com/1936.html

I'm not quite sure though! Anyone see the error in my coin too? :hail: I'm attaching a picture herewith...not sure if it is clear enough to spot the error, if any!.

Attached Files:

4. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Ok, here is something interesting. I placed two orders of 5 sets of Lincolns. They were mailed the same day and shipped the same day, but the sets in each box were stamped with different dates. The first box I opened (and the one that I cracked open the P&D rolls) was dated April 29th. The second box I opened, but have not crack any of the rolls open were dated April 15th. Interesting.

5. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

I can't zoom in close enough on your picture to see if you have one of the DDR, but from what I can see, it doesn't appear that you do. The LP2 DDR 002 is clear as day. You can't miss it with a x10 loupe, maybe even less. The LP2 001 and 003 are not so easy to spot and would need some magnification. A 10x loupe would be just fine. But once you know what you are looking for, they will be super easy to spot.

6. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

Chief, hope ya' sold those Lincolns! :D

7. scorpio4frenz

scorpio4frenz Budding Numismatist

I looked using a 10x loupe and I felt pretty certain that it had the error...but I was not able to take a better picture...the coin is too shiny and I'm a novice with coin photography! Anyway, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt...I was going to keep it, error or not..

8. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

You may still have the error, but I just couldn't see it. Now Jim (DesertGem) on page two posts a really good pic to the DDR001. Nobody has posted a pic of the DDR002, but that is the easiest to see out of all of them. The 002 looks like it has an "extra" finger. But if you look at DesertGems post on page two, you will get an idea of what the 001 looks like. I hope you have it!!!

9. FreakyGarrettC

FreakyGarrettC Wise young snail

I think I found a new variety. :eek:

10. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Ha, have to laugh, now they are calling the clash mark ones that goes from Abe's chin to coat the "Catfish"... poor Abe.

Jim

Draft saved Draft deleted