Should the U.S. change the images on its currency?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by heuvy31, Nov 6, 2013.

?

Should the U.S change who is depicted on its currency?

Poll closed Nov 13, 2013.
  1. Yes, the president currently serving in office should be used on all currency.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, presidents other than the ones currently used should be depicted on the currency.

7.1%
  3. Yes, use people other than presidents who have played an important role in American society.

14.3%
  4. Yes, depicting something other than people (animals, buildings, etc).

28.6%
  5. Yes, using a combination of the previous choices.

14.3%
  6. No, continue using the current presidents depicted on the currency.

35.7%
  1. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Well, you could put Liberty on a Fiat Punto or Fiat Panda. Contrary to "fiat currency", these do exist. ;)

Christian

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Since when does one have to be a Libertarian to recognize that our currency has been cast in the hopper? . . . my response to ROLLJUNKIE was simply my way of thanking him for the laugh.

I don't think it would be all that hard to pass a truly artistic design depicting a worthy subject. I imagine the general populace is just as bored with our current coinage as are collectors.

Getting people to agree on replacement designs is the far greater challenge, ESPECIALLY considering the present hypersensitivity to political incorrectness.

4. AWORDCREATED

AWORDCREATED Hardly Noticeable

<--------------------------

5. C Jay

C Jay Member

I would love to see a deer on the dollar bill, hence the term a "buck" from the long hunter days.

6. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

I agree. I'd love to see the return of Liberty, this time in the form of a hot youthful woman. A hot chick is much more appealing than Abraham Lincoln's ugly mug.

jlogan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted