Should I take the offer? 1923 D Peace Dollar

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by OldSilverDollar, May 29, 2021.

1. OldSilverDollar

OldSilverDollar Unknown Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MIGuy

MIGuy Supporter! Supporter

Congrats, not a real beauty from a distance, but looking closer [wolf whistles],

OldSilverDollar likes this.
  4. Jeffjay

Jeffjay Well-Known Member

If it were me I'd wait. I've seen nicer ones go for less.

5. furham

furham Good Ole Boy

6. J.T. Parker

J.T. Parker Well-Known Member

Depending on your taste. If you don't mind the splotches. But for that money I'd expect more eye-candy..... perhaps it's eye-candy to you....Degustibus, Degustibus, Degustibus,
    J.T.

7. mynamespat

mynamespat Well-Known Member

Those pictures are in no way sharp enough, nor is the lighting adequate, to accurately judge the coin. It is always possible under better lighting conditions the toning pops and the coin is more appealing, but from what is given the toning is a negative and detrimental.

8. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Congrats. If you're satisfied with the condition (and price), go for it. Personally, I feel PCGS was overly generous with the grade.

Stevearino and OldSilverDollar like this.
  9. Rushmore

Rushmore Coin Addict

10. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Since when is a 1923-D a key date? It’s not so that raises red flags. And at that price, you can do better. I did.

11. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

Why not buy an eye appealing coin?

OldSilverDollar and furham like this.
  12. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

In MS64 it isn't a key, but it isn't that common in that condition either. Nevertheless, I'd pass. I don't like the looks of that coin. The lack of eye appeal doesn't warrant that price.

bear32211, OldSilverDollar and furham like this.
  13. Collecting Nut

Not on that coin. Some of those Peace Dollars are tough in a high grade. The seller calls it a key date, which it isn’t.

bear32211 and OldSilverDollar like this.
  14. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Not my cup-o-tea…. But that don’t matter. If that dollar does it for you, dive in and enjoy her.

15. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

Counter offer with 98% discount.

16. bear32211

bear32211 Always Learning

I love toned coins but with the Peace the luster is what I want, this ones tough. The price is the deal breaker.

17. OldSilverDollar

OldSilverDollar Unknown Member

Thanks for the Advice Everyone,

23-D, 35-S, 26-P are hard to find online as a 64 with good eye appeal, I have been looking for a good 23-D for months but the only good ones that pop up that meet the criteria sold for 2x PCGS Price Guide on Heritage,DLRC & GC.

Last edited: May 30, 2021
  18. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Someone at PCGS forgot to put on their glasses. If you are satisfied, that's all that matters. Thanks for the post.

19. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Offering you a discount sort of tells me that the seller hasn't been able to get rid of this coin previously. I, personally, don't care for the toning but if I really wanted the coin, I would counter offer at a lower reasonable price and bet they would take it.

20. Collecting Nut

Sounds like you’re getting a little impatient. Relax, I’ve been searching for a high grade 1927-S Peace Dollar for about 5 years now. Just can’t find the right one and it’s the last one I need to complete my collection.

Better to wait and keep up the search than buy the wrong coin.

21. Mac McDonald

Mac McDonald Well-Known Member

Wow...I wouldn't, but to each their own. I'd surely have buyer's remorse/regret. And how did it get a 64 to begin with...?

Draft saved Draft deleted