Should I Send These Out To NGC

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by dandubovoy, Oct 17, 2014.

1. dandubovoy

dandubovoy New Member

I have 2 Indian Head Cents that I want to send out but I want to make sure its smart before I do so.

1904 Indian Head Cent RPD FS-301 S-10, It is currently graded by NGC in MS 63 RB, Im thinking about re grading it so it can have the RPD on the slab.

1887 Indian was cherry picked, it is a DDO FS-101 S-1 where OF AMERICA is all doubled. I have it raw and I was thinking of sending it out for my collection. It should grade in F 15.

I have the paper work filled out for the 2 coins but I don't know if it is worth it to send them out. What is the value of them anyways:)

Thanks in advance!!

Dan Photo on 10-17-14 at 2.46 AM #2.jpg Photo on 10-17-14 at 2.47 AM.jpg Photo on 10-17-14 at 2.49 AM.jpg Photo on 10-17-14 at 2.50 AM.jpg Photo on 10-17-14 at 2.50 AM #3.jpg

gijoe76 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

One has to consider the reason for getting it done. For resale? You would have to consider the extra $$ for the grading process you are adding on to your cost. For your future demise so the family would know the value, you can put a small label on he holder stating what it is. For yourself, you know what it is. The problem is that one has to look at the whole coin, obverse and reverse, to decide. The 1904 I would probably leave as is, the 1887 , I would have to be sure there was no problem which might get a detail grade. The coin shouldn't change much in the near future, so wait until you have enough to submit to reduce postage cost per coin.

4. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

the doubling on the america sure looks cool.

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

How can anyone expect another person to give an opinion on this when they aren't provided photos of the ENTIRE coin?

Don't be offended! You aren't the first to do this.

Chris

6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

7. CopperCastle

CopperCastle Penny for your Thoughts

You shouldn't have to worry about a details designation on the first one, having previously been graded. The second one you must be really careful as being as old as it is...the odds are not in your favor that it hasn't been cleaned at some point in the last 127 years.

8. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

Make sure you can only send two coins.
    The Economy category requires a minimum of 5 coins.

Draft saved Draft deleted