Should I save 1959 pennies?

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Bambooski, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Bambooski

Bambooski Obsessed YN :)

I CRH a lot and I have found heaps of 1959s. Of course I save every wheatie, and 1959 feels like a wheatie to me too. So every one I've found, I've saved. And that's a lot. Is it worth it? What's your opinion? Thanks!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bigjpst

bigjpst Well-Known Member

Some people save all cents before 1982 due to the copper content. When I used to roll search halves, I saved all the damaged proofs I found. Was going to try and fill a Whitman folder. The nice thing about roll searching, if you decide 6 months from now you don't want to save the 59s any more, you can just spend them.

Bambooski likes this.
  4. coingeek12

coingeek12 Well-Known Member

hey, if ya' want to keep em' keep em'.

5. Snowman

Snowman Senior Member

sure doesn't seem it with over 1.8 billion made

when I was in grade school in the 70's .... I hardly ever found 54 year old coins but now its no big deal to get them... times sure do change

6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Batista flees Cuba.

Chad becomes autonomous

Alaska admitted as the 49th State

'Bozo the Clown' premiers on children's TV

Yup, you'se gots a keeper.........

jon12, MorganDollarTJ and Bambooski like this.
  7. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Please pull them and keep them. I hate seeing them when I am looking through boxes. So close to the wheatie I want but sooooo far away.

Bambooski likes this.
  8. CoinsExplorer

CoinsExplorer Member

I agree. You can always turn around and use them further down the line!

Bambooski likes this.
  9. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

If you like them, keep them; it does not matter what anyone else thinks or does. However, if you're asking because you search hoping to make money, the best advice anyone could ever give you is don't waste your time. There is little else that you could do with the same time and not walk away with a better profit.

Bambooski likes this.
  10. Bambooski

Bambooski Obsessed YN :)

I know that they have no real value other than 1 cent and probably never will. :)
    I think I will save them because as you and others have said, it's up to you and if you change your mind then spend them!:D

11. bryantallard

bryantallard show me the money....so i can look through it

I just keep the nice ones.

12. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

Buy yourself a nice magnifier and talk a gander at the Denver minted examples, it was a good year for re-punched mint marks. You never know you might find a couple goodies.

green18 and Bambooski like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted