Should I, or shouldn't I ?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Al Kowsky, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Al Kowsky

Al Kowsky Well-Known Member

I bought the German 5 mark coin, pictured below, at auction not long ago for $128.00. Is it worth the money to get the coin slabbed or not o_O? I'll be sending a group of ancient coins to NGC early next year & could include it with the submission. Click the image for an enlarged view. The coin appears to be a choice unc., with attractive steel grey toning. I see only one small mark on the truncation of the bust. Opinions please :happy:.
    Roma E-Sale 75, lot 1332 image.jpg
    German States, Saxony, Friedrich August, 1914. AR 5 marks: 27.86 gm, 38 mm, 12 h. KM 1266.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. longshot

longshot Enthusiast Supporter

Kind of hard to judge the luster from the pictures. If you can get a grade like MS63, you likely got a good buy and slabbing it very well might add value.
    For some reason I like my world crowns raw though, and I think slabbing a coin in this value range comes down to personal preference.....I probably wouldn't until I was looking to sell. JMHO

4. Joshua Lemons

Joshua Lemons Well-Known Member Supporter

Personally, if I was already sending in submissions, I would include this too. Looks like it has a good shot at a decent grade, but I am partial to coins of the German States.

Seattlite86 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted