should I keep all $1 star notes I find?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Wheatie44, Jun 22, 2017.

1. moneycostingmemoney

moneycostingmemoney Yukon Coriolis

I'm sure there are other venues, but I've found the bay to be the easiest for me.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. moneycostingmemoney

Betsy on the $2, Jefferson to the $5 I say. Dishing out $13 notes may get a little confusing for a cashier that isn't that quick with math

4. moneycostingmemoney

Has anyone found a 2013 J* yet?

5. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

None yet over here in Las Vegas but always checking my notes :)

moneycostingmemoney likes this.
  6. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

I haven't found one myself, but they've been reported in circulation, yes.

7. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Got a 2013 star yest. but it's a K.

8. SavageFountain

SavageFountain Active Member

I saw someone on Facebook that found one, nice and crisp

9. SavageFountain

SavageFountain Active Member

I was hoping to buy it off her to finish my collection but she wanted to hold onto it so, the search continues...

10. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

If I find one it's yours for a dollar and a stamp.

11. moneycostingmemoney

That would be swell! I've been trading star notes and have a listing in the WTT section of the forum...I believe I updated the last time I strap searched. If you happen to be looking for any shoot me a message and I'll let you know what I have left.

Michael K likes this.
  12. Dollarsavr

Dollarsavr Question everything...

Hi, I am looking for specimens from the 2006 series of the B-* mis-matched serials run. If you have any, please email and I will reply. Now remember, just different Face Plate Position, not the error... Dollarsavr@aol.com Thanks

13. TheMont

TheMont Well-Known Member

The word is that since the BEP went from a 32 currency sheet to a 50 currency sheet, they are going to eliminate star notes. If that happens, like every thing else numismatic, the value of crisp star notes will go up. Supply versus demand always makes a product more valuable.

They may not make a 2017 note due to the change in Secretary of the Treasury and Treasurer of the US, they just may add a letter to a current note. Lew and Rios were on the 2013.

14. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

I collect star notes that have errors on them miscuts, bad overprints, over/under inked, serial number problems, gutter folds, etc. Almost any note error can be found on star notes, but they are hard to find and expensive. Since star notes are replacements for "problem" notes, it is great to see the BEP screw up the replacement note!

15. Dollarsavr

I believe that there will be a 2017 $1 note. Just as soon as Congress gets off the seat's and confirms a Treasurer....

16. Dollarsavr

Hi, I agree and that is why I have kept as many as I could locate. I have some nice Star-Error notes.

17. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

18. Dollarsavr

I would be happy to do this, however, I can only scan notes. I do not have a camera to post a shot. Anyone know how to post a scan?

ACoinJob likes this.
  19. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Personally, I upload my scans to Photobucket and post them here all the time.

20. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

Just scan the notes and save them as .jpg. Then just choose "upload a file" (next to Post Reply) and then choose the file you want to upload.

21. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

The new Treasurer was already sworn in on June 19....

Draft saved Draft deleted