Should Green18 go back to his old icon

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Cheech9712, Sep 15, 2018.

?

Should he change

1. Yes

69.0%
  2. No

31.0%
  1. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Right place, right time Larry. :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

with the winter coming one of the most noticeable set of stars out there is Orion. In it there are several Nebulae such as M42, M78 and the horsehead & flame.
    [​IMG]20150912_OrionNebulae3-01 by , on Flickr

in relation to the imaging circle .... it's basically for DX. FX has a dark ring around it. I was searching for my 40k high airplane at 4,000mm that clearly shows the dark ring around it but I can't find it right now.

as to DSLR, MIrrorless and the cooled cameras such as converted Nikon D5x00s. DSLR has a mirror slap. In my scopes and tests I've found I need a 5 second pause before initiating the sensor to eliminate all motion. This is being super critical as in deep space you may end up cropping alot and I have tests showing this the best pause time. Thus you need Bulb mode. Some lower end Nikons have a pause which I think only is 3 seconds - not enough time in my book.

Mirrorless. No mirror slap. Modern recent mirrorless at crop and FullFrame are fine for astrophotography. Some older SONYs have a software fiasco nicknamed "star eater" - very appropriately named. So make sure any used one's software doesn't do that.

Once you get above 20 minutes and you consistently do that you maybe should look at cooled cameras. The sensor gets really hot and you start getting pixels getting burnt out, and thus dead pixels. The cooled cameras allow the sensor to stay cool and prevent overheating. but conversely, by that time you have a really nice telescope and higher end computerized tracking system.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    Cheech9712 likes this.
  4. green18

Heck. I just snap photogs.......

5. Clawcoins

wcoins and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  6. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

It was a fun thread. Yes I'm all what you say. I like to answer as i read thru thread. Thats me. Guilty. I did like greens picture. Was funning with green. Sorry I'm really not that technical nor serious. It was for fun @BooksB4Coins. All that photography stuff ran it right into the ground. You feel me

7. green18

Sometimes ya win, sometimes ya lose.........

-jeffB and LakeEffect like this.
  8. Clawcoins

Sunspots is always fun too ... just don't burn up your camera without the proper equipment
    [​IMG]20140827-NKN_7892 by , on Flickr

9. green18

That's what makes us special, dear Lady.......:)

Cheech9712 likes this.
  10. green18

Love ya........:)

11. green18

12. green18

And I ain't a women, but I'd like to honor you old girl.....

13. green18

Good Lord, what have I done? Just remembered something neutral.......dear girl is fantastic.....:)

14. green18

15. green18

16. Cheech9712

Now thats beautiful.

Clawcoins likes this.
  17. Cheech9712

Wink

18. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Think of it this way: for focus, every celestial object is effectively at the same distance. No need for autofocus, and no issue with bokeh. :)

19. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

That is very cool. Last year we were center of the eclipse path. I planned a day off in my backyard on a lazy chair with a cooler of my favorite adult beverage. The day of the eclipse my wife insisted on meeting a group of photographers setting up in a field. I protested and lost the protest. And as it turned out she took a series of the most awesome photographs I ever saw. I was proud of the old girl. I can barely snap a photo with a smart phone........ What was this thread about??:woot:o_O

green18 and wcoins like this.
  20. Clawcoins

There's a lot of beautiful shapes of gases out in space. Can't see much with your eyes though. https://www.spacetelescope.org/images/archive/category/nebulae/

In Orion, there's also the Horses Head nebula
    Horses Head.jpg
    my camera sensor tends to like bluish/ purples for some reason.

Although many of them are taken with many images that are overlaid on each other.
    Astrophotography can become quite complex.

21. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Well? We're waiting... :)

Gregg and Randy Abercrombie like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted