Should be where's it at! 1972 penny doubled die confirmation.

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Ordinary Fool, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Ordinary Fool

Ordinary Fool Active Member

I see that you did say bullet casings and not cartridge casings. Bullet casings or projectile jackets... I see. We are in agreement and that 95-5 does have some peculiar properties for it to be able to slide down rifle lands leaving virtually no traces and at multiple-mach speeds as well as other things it does quite well.

No comment about the conduct or methods of the objectors or even the mod in his determination about who shot who. Have a good one.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mynamespat

mynamespat Well-Known Member

I actively avoided discussing the actual investment returns because at the scale I was considering, around 2006-2007, the returns were never good enough to follow thru. It felt too much like the Seinfeld episode where Kramer and Newman took the bottles to Michigan. However, the numbers are not insurmountable. If you take Economy of Scale into account, the costs of processing are marginal compared to the returns. If you already have the existing infrastructure and business connections, it's a no-brainer once the price of copper reaches at certain point.

I think some who are used to retail margins would be surprised at how small the margins can be in high volume machining. 10% is a huge margin.

The only reason Luhrmann was discovered is because he told an auditor exactly what he was doing, the auditor reported it, and the government took notice. The law banning melt and export was created after the fact. Luhrmann has since become one of the largest lobbyist for it's repeal.

I considered making a copper anode for funs, but I am horrible with electricity so I would probably kill myself on accident.

I've also been trying my hardest not to make this a how-to.

4. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

With all due respect, Pat; when you have contributed even a tiny fraction of what Chris has to both this forum and hobby as a whole, only then will such claims deserve to be taken seriously.

This isn't about any market created by demand of anything else along the same lines, but about those who read coinflation-type sites and take the quoted values as fact. This isn't brain surgery here. Recommending that such individuals contact the very people they would be selling to is NOT "pompous, narcissistic, ignorant and lazy" but both prudent and infinitely reasonable. If you two wish to continue to mislead people into believing saving their "pennies" (or God forbid buying them) will result in grand profits based upon grade A prices, be my guest, but there is little worse than one who is willing to hurt others for the sake of, well, nothing at all.

5. mynamespat

mynamespat Well-Known Member

Appeal to Authority

Saying that because an authority says something, it must therefore be true

Ordinary Fool likes this.
  6. Pocket_change

Pocket_change Member

I don't know how long I spend on each thread post on the forums. But regardless if someone finds someone or nothing the information and expertise is just awesome!!! Great reads and kind of funny haha

Draft saved Draft deleted