Should be where's it at! 1972 penny doubled die confirmation.

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Ordinary Fool, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Ordinary Fool

Ordinary Fool Active Member

Personal attacks and vitriol yet you still cannot show anything to back your assertions. Your anecdotal yarns may as well be you breaking wind.

I do take exception to your trash talk.

It's fine, I am certain I have enough spine for the both of us and to the extent, it's unlikely you'd ever comprehend.

Here's a clue, the reason people don't do it overtly now is the Secret Service will nail you for it.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Okay! Teach me something new. Give me a link to the N.F. String info about their "mega-sorter" so that I can read it for myself. I searched all through the N.F. String website and could not find it.

Chris

4. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

How Bellman-esque of you....

Apparently the concept and meaning of "personal attack" is lost upon you. Either that or you feel what's good for the goose isn't for the gander, and that it's perfectly okay for you to dish without taking in return, but just to clarify: I called what you said and your deflective nonsense "BS". Not you, but your position and words, or is this too hard to understand? Again, the issue here isn't "intrinsic value", or idiotic comparisons to roofs made of copper vs. paper, or the exceptionally remote possibility of finding a key, but those saving and/or buying "copper" cents who someday expect to receive full Grade A prices for them, often due to misunderstanding information provided to them by coinflation type websites. This is a very, very simple concept.

@cpm9ball and I both have approached this from the same angle, as we've been doing for at least the last couple of years, and that's urging those considering this little venture to search out information from the very people they would be selling to. Regardless of your "secret service" claim, the fact remains the biggest obstacle is no one pays grade A prices for an alloy, and isn't something that's going to change even if melting was legal. Again, a very, very simple concept.

5. Ordinary Fool

Somehow I just bet you don't have the spine to talk to people in person like you do hiding behind your handle, keyboard kommando.
    Edit: No personal threats of members

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2017
  6. cpm9ball

Just for the record, I've asked that @mynamespat give me a link to his/her claim that N.F. String has the technology already available to perform such tasks so that I may read exactly what is described for myself.

Chris

7. BooksB4Coins

Pot, meet kettle...

8. BooksB4Coins

I'm guessing it has something to do with this (posted by Pat on page 1 post #19)...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Truckload-o...376954?hash=item542a9fed7a:g:eLAAAOSw~otWdBBe

The seller and NF String are both located in Harrisburg, PA, but he implied this seller to be NF String and is something I haven't been able to find any evidence confirming. I'm having a hard time believing NF is on eBay selling widgets, but stranger things have happened.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to learn NF has such capabilities, but it still doesn't change the fact that a business catering to a demand has no direct impact on the oft-discussed realities of what "copper cents" really are.

9. cpm9ball

I've got a gut feeling, but I'll withhold judgement until I get a response, if any.

Chris

10. Ordinary Fool

"Unlike you, some of us have a spine and actually care about those coming here for solid advice. This general hobby as a whole already suffers greatly from misinformation along with those more than willing to screw the next guy, to the detriment of everyone else involved, in order to make a buck, so why make it worse?"
    Edit.

Now show me anywhere on this forum where I have ever stooped to such juvenile antics of asserting somebody has no spine and is somehow acting in concert with charlatans to screw people out of money. In fact, show me any evidence of my offering to sell anything to anyone. Further, if soliciting were allowed, I'd have already offered to buy all your copper pennies for whatever below face value you want to off them.

Who knows what you think that value is because all you've done is provide one baseless assertion after another in your rabid rants about how you insist they are worth less than one penny.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  11. Ordinary Fool

Look at their completed listings and sort them from highest price to lowest.

Some serious powerful mojo regardless of who they are.........

How many here can lay hands on 9000 silver quarters made ready to ship out the door within less than 3 months? And they are still churning them out.....

12. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

No physical threats! Even if it is anonymous, some may know who each other is, so can it!

13. Ordinary Fool

I certainly agree and also promise the juvenile and rabid personal attacks and insults would not work out well if delivered in person. This guy doesn't know me and I don't know him. I'd like to so I can introduce myself one day.

I request that you have the Books guy retract his personal attack to which exception has been noted. I'd appreciated if you do that and want no strife or drama with anyone.

I'll glady wipe anything on my slates clear as are within my power once this is done. I'll take no offense to your doing so as you deem fit if I am not with that power due to the disappearing edit function once replies have succeeded a post.

Thank you, Sir.

14. BooksB4Coins

Okay....

"Unlike you, some of us have a spine and actually care about those coming here for solid advice."

This means you're posting crap and don't seem to care about the fact it is potentially damaging. All too often it's those who can least afford it fall into such traps, and I'd like to think you wouldn't want to say or do something potentially harmful to such a person. I'm sorry, but for the betterment of this hobby, I take the needs of such people more seriously than your feelings.

"This general hobby as a whole already suffers greatly from misinformation along with those more than willing to screw the next guy, to the detriment of everyone else involved, in order to make a buck"

This is a fact and is something that impacts the hobby as a whole. It's not your fault, but is a simple and most unfortunate reality.

"so why make it worse?"

Well, yes... why make it worse by posting crap? Instead of this little tantrum, please do try to understand what is actually being said here. Believe it or not this has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact people pay above face for them. Are you following me here? The ONLY issue is that website such as the one quoted on page #1 apply a misleading price to "copper" cents. Nothing more and nothing less. Paper vs. copper roofs has no place in the discussion, and the secret service has nothing to do with the fact cents are an alloy and not grade A copper. Need I really go on?

One doesn't need to intentionally and directly try to screw someone in order to have an impact upon them. Misinformation PLAGUES this hobby as-is and is directly responsible for both its poor reputation among those not involved, and those who want nothing to do with it because they've already been screwed. If nothing else, please do try to respect this. One can make more from a healthy hobby than an unhealthy one.

And it would be an absolute pleasure to speak to you in person the same as I have here. Don't flatter yourself, kiddo...

15. mynamespat

mynamespat Well-Known Member

I'm not bothering with the banter, but here you go:

https://www.bizapedia.com/pa/webcoins.html

16. BooksB4Coins

17. mynamespat

fwiw, I've been fairly careful about what I say because I know this forum likes to nit-pick phrase by phrase. I mistakenly said earlier that NF String and son only runs for special orders, but I have since remembered that was something I read about Brink's mega-sorter in a coin article- thus would like to correct it for the record. However, I have done extensive research on this matter. I have also done extensive research on the logistics of recycling cardboard. I even did the math for taking bottles to michigan. I don't know why. I just like to do things like that. I like industrial processes.

I was pretty sure OP had a grasp on the difference between Melt Value and Scrap Value. I believe he was confused about what a doubled master die entails.

18. cpm9ball

This link proves nothing! Would you like to try again?Please be more specific.

Chris

19. mynamespat

Are you being serious?

20. cpm9ball

Yes, I am! Where does it provide any information about the capability of processing alloyed copper cents to produce Grade A copper.

Chris

21. mynamespat

How do you suppose they collected a warehouse full of circulated washed copper cents? Mexican day labor sorters?

Here.... let me google that for you.

Ordinary Fool likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted