Short rolls

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by CapnMike, May 11, 2021.

1. CapnMike

CapnMike Active Member

Kind of odd thing happened tonight, got a box of Loomis rolls from the local bank, opened 'er up. All rolls appeared to be 2021 D, no big deal, I'll just return them, no interest in new zincolns. Weighed every roll, all but 4 were around 126.7 grams- but 5 were only 124 grams or so. Coumted them. 49 coin rolls from Loomis, no big loss for me, but if they do it millions of times......

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. beaver96

beaver96 Well-Known Member

The Loomis wrapping machines are likely in need of service. You can mention it to the bank as they are probably experiencing balancing issues if they are using these rolls.

4. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

I haven't had the problem with the BRW, but the CRW are another story. But with the later it evened out with the cents, because in my area there are a lot of older residents who are eyesight challenged and throw dimes in. I've even gotten rolls with 45 cents and a nickel crammed in to make up the difference.

5. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

Well at least it was cents and not quarters. the shortest I've even been on a box was roughly $25. Each roll was either short 2 quarters or had 2 foreigns in them, or a combination of the problems. it was a circulated NF string wrapper box.

I don't mind a short here or there or the odd foreign pop up, it balances out in the long run when you find dimes in the cent rolls or get an extra in the roll. that box was a hard hit to take though....

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  6. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Love it when that happens.

Draft saved Draft deleted