shopnumismaster.com? Real or pirate?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Clay Bowen, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Clay Bowen

Clay Bowen HaveYouSeenTheWizard?

Just a newbie question. I was looking to get PDF versions of the World Coin guides (all 5 of them), and I found this site that has them in a bundle. Since there are many sites that purport to legally sell ebooks, but are just fronts for pirates, I'm hesitant to give these folks $140 to find out later I've just funded a pirate.

I looked online at Krause Publications, and they don't have a bundle for these books (and of course that means they are much more expensive), but I know publishers often have contracts with vendors which allow the vendor a bit more flexibility.

Does anyone have any experience with this site?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I may be wrong but I think numismaster is a part of Krause? They do sell the CD versions much cheaper than any books on a lot of items. At least this way you would always have a hard copy available instead of downloading a PDF and your computer crashes. They often have great sales and bundles also. Timing is the key. Get on their mailing list and wait for the right opportunity. I got the World Coin volumes hard copies set for $110.00 shipped free. (2016 version). That was in 2016 around Christmas time during their 12 days of Christmas specials. Other sales pop up on a regular basis.

4. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

It's legitimate.

5. Clay Bowen

Thank you -- you're right, they seem to connect directly to Krause publishing. These seem to be good guides for world coins - are there others that are better?

6. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

These are the standard in the US.

7. Clay Bowen

Thanks for your help, all. I created an account and get a one year subscription to World Coin News. I'm hoping for a sale on the reference guides. Until then I'll just use the NGC world coin values website (although sometimes the information I get from there is strange, like a coin where the VF20 shows $20 and the XF40 shows $2)

8. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

NGC gets its info directly from Krause so they will be exactly the same.

Draft saved Draft deleted