Shipping time from Canada

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Numisnewbiest, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Numisnewbiest

Numisnewbiest Well-Known Member

Does anyone have experience with shipping times from Canada? I'm still waiting for a coin coming from eastern Canada to northeastern United States. It's been 11 days and still no coin. Is that typical? It was sent First Class.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Roman Collector

Roman Collector Well-Known Member

It's probably tied up in US customs. I've had waits of a couple of weeks before.

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Have you contacted the seller for their experience when shipping to the US?

Chris

Stevearino and Numisnewbiest like this.
  5. ancient coin hunter

ancient coin hunter 3rd Century Usurper

I had a quarter follis of Severus II that I purchased on Etsy (I know, weird outlet for a coin) shipped from Manitoba. Took two and a half weeks to get to California via Canada Post. I am pretty sure it was subjected to a customs hold. I was getting worried after two weeks that something had gone wrong in the shipping.

severus1.jpg

severus2.jpg

Ryro, Johndakerftw, Bing and 2 others like this.
  6. Numisnewbiest

I haven't yet, but I'm going to email him now and see what he says - thanks.

7. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Hard to figure out. I can get a first class letter to a friend in Manitoba in about 4 days. His to me in western Massachusetts averages 7-10 days. Yet I can get a letter to a friend in Wales in about 5 days.

Numisnewbiest likes this.
  8. Yorkshire

Yorkshire Well-Known Member

I've had stuff from America to the UK in 4-6 days and that was just first class

9. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

The longer it takes.. the more ancient the coin becomes! ;)

10. Ocatarinetabellatchitchix

Ocatarinetabellatchitchix Well-Known Member

Why is it so long at the US customs since last year ? The answer :

“Cannabis seizures by DEA in the USA are up 3300% since legalization in Canada. DEA officers confiscated 6000 kg of cannabis since the beginning of the year compared to only 181 kg in 2018 in New York State.”

PHOTO COURTOISIE, U.S. CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION
    F246DBBF-683C-4A31-B4D8-0E1A8EB2709C.jpeg 4976DB11-7455-43C7-BC4B-FFE508D9EE63.jpeg AB4C92C3-88D8-4826-8C7A-105D4D6EAC0F.jpeg

Deacon Ray likes this.
  11. Severus Alexander

Severus Alexander find me at NumisForums

I guess I should stop putting in those bonus cannabis packs, eh? :oops:

11 days is "normal unusual." Out of a hundred packages maybe 5 will get delayed like that.

12. Al Kowsky

Al Kowsky Well-Known Member

My two coins from from AMCC 2 arrived this morning (Churchville, NY) after being shipped on Nov. 12, Canada Post, regular air mail, insured.

Severus Alexander likes this.
  13. Severus Alexander

Severus Alexander find me at NumisForums

Excellent! (I should mention that is unusually fast, at least from the other side of the continent.)

14. Numisnewbiest

I did email the seller, but I don't expect to hear anything until the work week starts up again on Monday. Patience is a virtue, I know. :)

I really wish VCoins had a feedback system, so potential buyers could look through experiences from others. Either that, or Vcoins ask the sellers to estimate shipping times to at least the bigger markets they sell to. Anyway, I suppose I'm just venting, so thanks for your patience.

15. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

I’d just relax until it’s been at least 4 weeks. My experience shipping to or from Canada has been spotty at best, but everything has shown up eventually.

16. gsimonel

gsimonel Well-Known Member

I have shipped coins from the US into Canada that have taken 3 weeks to arrive. The worst part was that there was nothing I could do about it other than hope it arrived eventually.

Paul M. and Numisnewbiest like this.
  17. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

I had a shipment from Switzerland (Maison Palombo) arrive in 3 days to my house in Orleans. It was sent as a "neutral" priority post packets/ thus no customs delays or hassles.
    John

18. kevin McGonigal

kevin McGonigal Well-Known Member

I have bought a number of coins from a dealer in the Maritimes region of Canada. I have gotten used to the idea of a one month waiting time from when I mail my check (he knows me and does not wait for the check to clear) to when I receive the coin. It takes about a week to go from the US East Coast to his location and about three weeks after that the coin will arrive.

19. David Atherton

David Atherton Flavian Fanatic

Currently, I have a coin sent by Canada Post's Xpresspost that was mailed on the 8th and just made it to NYC. I may see it Monday? That's 10 days for an express service!

20. Numisnewbiest

That's pretty ballsy for them to call that "Express", but if that's the case then I know I probably have quite a wait for First Class.

21. Marsyas Mike

Marsyas Mike Well-Known Member

I recently bought two lots of ancients from an eBay seller in Ontario. Shipping to the upper Midwest USA was about 2 weeks for the first batch and 4 or 5 days for the second. Both about the same size, same envelope, same seller, same locations, etc. No sign either were opened by Customs.

Which is to say shipping times are all over the place for Canada-to-USA.

tommyc03 and Numisnewbiest like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted