Shipping Rolls?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Mammothtooth, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Mammothtooth

Mammothtooth Stand up Philosopher, Vodka Taster

Hello, please advise me. I have 100 rolls of cents to mail. How is the beast way to do it.
    Rich

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Coins4Eli

Coins4Eli Collector of Early American Copper

100 rolls? That's going to cost you a pretty penny to ship! Considering each roll weighs 5.4 oz you're going to have a package that weighs more or less 34 pounds! Your best bet would be to get a large flat rate box at the USPS store, the maximum weight for the large size is 70 lbs.

Mammothtooth likes this.
  4. Mammothtooth

Mammothtooth Stand up Philosopher, Vodka Taster

Yes, I am afraid box will break. Maybe use Two.

5. Coins4Eli

Coins4Eli Collector of Early American Copper

Yes. I would ship 50 in each box. I would seal them all in a plastic bag and use lots and lots of bubble wrap and tape.

6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

And make sure the packing is tight. In other words, make sure nothing moves around or shifts.

7. rte

rte Well-Known Member

Pack in a medium size box. Well wrapped and addressed to you.
    Pack the medium box in a large box and extra crush material around that with cardboard.
    Give USPS room to beat up the corners while keeping the inside box intact.
    Use plenty of tape on both boxes.

Coins4Eli likes this.
  8. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

That's the perfect application for Flat Rate Box. Heck, you could line it with sheet metal if you're concerned about abuse. But @rte has it right. Except, for "crush material" I'd be tempted to use just more layers of cardboard -- it's heavier, but that doesn't matter, and it'll give you stronger protection.

JPD3 likes this.
  9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

A flat rate postal priority box is what you need to lower your shipping costs. You can use tape to help strengthen the box. You can also put the coins in a box, seal it, and place that box in a flat rate box. Do not tell as anyone at the post office what’s in there and make sure they don’t rattle or make any noise. If they are in plastic tubes, stuff the tubes so they don’t rattle. And ship with insurance.

JPD3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted