Shipping Collector Coins from South America to the USA - Import Regulations?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Eduard, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Eduard

Eduard Supporter**

Would greatly appreciate it if anybody can help with the above question.

Specifically, what are the regulations - for example import duties, amount limits, etc - when shipping coins from South America to the USA?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Thanks

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

Try googling " Shipping regulations and importing rules for shipping collector coins from South America into the United States ".

The internet is available and answers questions 24/7/365 .

4. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

You know, sometimes somebody has some kind of first hand experience ... :rolleyes:

5. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

The US doesn't have import duties on coins. If they are bullion with a value over $10,000 it might be best to declare them. There are regulations on coins from some countries that can't be imported due to "cultural heritage" problems, but most of these are on "ancient" coins. And even those can be imported with the proper documentation that they left the country of their origin before certain dates.

serafino likes this.
  6. Mkman123

Mkman123 Well-Known Member

@Eduard Ask coin stores/dealers/collectors in your area. I do know of a big Peruvian collector who mentioned he has had issues and has had coins confiscated and not given back.

7. serafino

serafino Well-Known Member

I buy coins from all over the world....Italy, Malta, UK, Slovenia, France, Germany, Greece, Argentina, South Africa, Canada and have never once been charged any duties when I receive them.
    The longest shipping time was for a coin I ordered from South Africa, month and a half.

Draft saved Draft deleted