Shipment stuck?

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by ancient coin hunter, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Carausius

Carausius Brother, can you spare a sestertius?

I've only experienced such things when buying from Italy or France. I rarely buy from dealers in either country. 10 months is extreme. 3-4 months Is "normal".

ancient coin hunter likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. David Atherton

David Atherton Flavian Fanatic

ISC is a USPS international sorting facility. Packages arrive there first before being sent into customs ... which is where your coin is likely stuck. Packages can be in customs anywhere from 1-14 days, but normally 4-7.

The next stop should be a USPS sorting facility near NYC, then a few days later your local facility. However, your shipment may not even show all the tracking history. I've had coins just show up at my local USPS facility with no prior tracking info after ISC.

Remember, a watched pot never boils and watched tracking never moves. Good luck!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  4. Carausius

Carausius Brother, can you spare a sestertius?

But who can look away from USPS tracking? I think I've said before that tracking packages has practically become a second hobby for me, bordering on OCD. I've learned the routes. I know which local sorting facility moves packages to my local post office within hours and which takes several days. I know what time of day my local post office sorts into P.O. Boxes. I need help...:confused:

5. Caesar_Augustus

Caesar_Augustus Well-Known Member

I rarely look at tracking (unless I'm expecting a package within a couple days). Don't fret it. :) It'll show up. The surprise is nice.

6. red_spork

red_spork Triumvir monetalis

If you're on Android(I think there's a similar app for Apple though) look for the "Deliveries Package Tracker" app. It supports most of the major delivery services around the world and can be set to check on an interval(I use 15 minutes) and pop up an alert whenever there's an update. I put everything I order into it and set it to track both the source postal service and USPS on international packages and it cuts down my tracking anxiety significantly.

Carausius and Volodya like this.
  7. David Atherton

David Atherton Flavian Fanatic

Fedex takes the fun out of all that. A couple of weeks ago I ordered a coin from a dealer in The Netherlands, shipped on Wednesday, received it the next day. I had no time to fret over it!

Carausius and Caesar_Augustus like this.
  8. jamesicus

jamesicus Well-Known Member

There is just something very different about waiting for delivery of an Ancient Coin. We ordered a new vacuum cleaner online from Amazon. It took many, many days for it to arrive. It didn’t bother me one bit - Beverly was somewhat stressed however.

9. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

I can only imagine what the reason for your lack of concern might have been.:D

10. ancient coin hunter

ancient coin hunter 3rd Century Usurper

I do have OCD and am checking the tracking AP about 5 times per day! I've also signed up for the usps email alert whenever the package is scanned!!!

11. ancient coin hunter

Well Finally.

After ten days the coin was released. However, no scans til this morning...here's what showed up in my email inbox today...

Your item arrived at our USPS facility in OAKLAND CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER on July 14, 2018 at 2:34 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

It may be out for delivery by 8:00 am this morning. (I live in Berkeley)

Yippee!

12. ancient coin hunter

Next scan...

Your item arrived at the Post Office at 7:31 am on July 14, 2018 in BERKELEY, CA 94710. Expected delivery by 8 p.m.

13. Deacon Ray

Deacon Ray Artist & Historian Supporter

That's great news, @ancient coin hunter ! You'll definitely have it by the end of today.

Caesar_Augustus likes this.
  14. Caesar_Augustus

Lucky you, they deliver Saturdays?

15. ancient coin hunter

Yep. Delivery is Monday through Saturday. No Sunday deliveries here (unless you are Amazon.com)

Caesar_Augustus likes this.
  16. ancient coin hunter

The coin was delivered, thankfully. Just one more on the way...

Deacon Ray, Theodosius, BenSi and 5 others like this.
  17. Caesar_Augustus

Congratulations! :) Can't wait to see what it is.

ancient coin hunter likes this.
  18. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

19. ancient coin hunter

The USPS forgot to scan the package when it was delivered to my house on Saturday - technically it hasn't arrived yet according to tracking, with a projected delivery day of today. But, that's wrong!

Deacon Ray likes this.
  20. Deacon Ray

Deacon Ray Artist & Historian Supporter

Better that way than the opposite. I've had package tracking say that the item has been delivered but it hadn't. :eek: It went to my neighbor's house. It was a new postman who delivered my mail to one or the other of my neighbors for a week until I made a large sign and attached it my front door with my house number and a rather stern message to the postman. Alls well, we're good friends now. Giving him a cash tip at Christmastime helped. ;)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  21. ancient coin hunter

I also do the tip at Xmas thing - seems to help!

Deacon Ray likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted