Shipment stuck?

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by ancient coin hunter, Jul 6, 2018.

1. ancient coin hunter

ancient coin hunter 3rd Century Usurper

Do any of you guys/gals know what happens to coins processed through the ISC (New York)? I've had one stuck there since July 4th that was shipped to me from overseas. Here's the tracking update...

July 4, 2018 at 10:44 am

Processed Through Facility

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Since then, nothing. I suppose a shipment could be held up in customs? I'm not worried yet but I will be worrying by Monday.

Deacon Ray likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TIF

TIF Always learning.

I wouldn't worry. Sometimes it is many days before I get the next notification after a packages arrives at NY ISC.

4. Ken Dorney

Ken Dorney Yea, I'm Cool That Way...

Too soon to worry. It can often take two weeks (unfortunately).

5. arashpour

arashpour Well-Known Member

@ancient coin hunter My friend probably in here I am the MOST person to hear you out and feel the worry. I ordered so many coins and many and many of them arrived way late and even I opened lots of cases with postal office and with dealers to follow up with their local post. I totally hear and most of time it is customs that could take ridiculous amount of times. I am currently waiting for 3 coins 2 of them coming from Europe and they have been shipped in June 5 over a month ago and still didn't get here and even the tracking doesn't show much I contacted the dealer and he just recommended me to wait more :(

ancient coin hunter likes this.
  6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

July 4th? The folks that were working that day were disappointed office seekers.......give it a few more days. It will pass (like a nasty kidney stone) and be on its' way to you in a few days.

7. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

My gosh...it can't be that bad!

ancient coin hunter and green18 like this.
  8. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

My last package to go through NY made it through after over a month........... and got sent back for some reason. :/

9. ancient coin hunter

10. ancient coin hunter

Well, I checked again just now and still no updates. I guess I will be sitting on my hands for awhile. :-(

11. tibor

tibor Supporter! Supporter

If you receive your package before 7-25-18
    consider that very generous. You might want
    to go buy a few "scratchers" if that happens.

12. Dillan

Dillan The sky is the limit !

I do believe that new tariffs on everything coming into the country is scrutinized , and looked at'

Edited: NO Political Discussions!

(We seem to be experiencing the same issues here at items coming into this country . I apologize to everyone for making it political. This was not my intention but was to point out the differences at the moment seem to be slowing down deliveries of our important items to us here also.. ) Dillan

13. Carausius

Carausius Brother, can you spare a sestertius?

From my considerable experience, it generally takes about 4 days for envelopes to get from New York ICE to the USPS system. At busy times longer waits occur, but 4 days is typical.

14. Multatuli

Multatuli Homo numismaticus

Oh, my! All of you have no idea what is delayed delivery of mail, or still goods that get stuck in some post office storage here in Brazil. I already had coins that took more than 60 days to be delivered, with no changes in the status of the mail’s link for more than 1 month. This is sadly normal here. With great luck, an order coming from Europe or US spends at best, more than two weeks ...

15. arnoldoe

arnoldoe Well-Known Member

I got a package a few weeks ago, that took 7 months to get to me... Probably because the Seller wrote the address in terrible cursive writing..
    Another package a few years ago that took 2 months to get to had the address partially covered with stamps... and another that took 45 days had the numbers switched around on my postal code..

16. Chris B

Chris B Supporter! Supporter

Like others have said, it is way to early to worry. I have had packages delivered that had tracking information showing that it was still in New York.

17. ancient coin hunter

No word yet and it is Tuesday the 10th - that's six days (including the weekend). So I'll just keep waiting I guess.

18. Carausius

Far to early to worry.

Victor_Clark, jamesicus and TIF like this.
  19. AncientJoe

AncientJoe Well-Known Member

I finally received a coin I purchased 10 months ago. The seller had been running me in circles for ages - probably 30 emails overall. They had the export permit late last year but still weren't shipping it. Happily, I was going to France anyway and their office wasn't that inconvenient but I refuse to ever purchase from them again.

Caesar_Augustus and Alegandron like this.
  20. Carausius

Let me guess: requests for personal information, copy of passport, social security number and the like?

21. AncientJoe

AncientJoe Well-Known Member

I supplied them with nearly enough personal information to clone me and yet that still wasn't enough to have the coin shipped. When I visited in person, they said that several other US-resident buyers were still waiting on their coins as well and that there was no ETA on having them shipped. Bizarre.

Draft saved Draft deleted