Shield Nickels...

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by mark_h, Jul 3, 2010.

1. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Added a new shield nickel the 1872 on the second row. This oughta be easy - but what do they all have in common. :goofer: Not really sure if you will get to see the full size of the picture from photobucket. Just playing mainly with pictures.

Now to go see if I can get some pick-tures of my V nickels.

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

Pics are way to small to say anything ;)

4. mark_h

Try again... For some reason I can't see to get photobucket to zoom to the full size. On my PC when I zoom to the actual size one coin just about fills the screen.

5. tmoneyeagles

I see it now! First coin on the second row ;)
    You trying to get a raw set of them?

6. mark_h

Kind - I already have a full set minus the 1877 proof. All of these are a certain variety. The problem is you need to blow the pictures up to actually see it. One is obvious at this size if you know what to look for. It seems like photbucket is shriking the picture - which is about 1m. Not sure what I did wrong.

7. mark_h

Lets see if this one loaded any larger. Had to change an upload option - or at least I think so.

[​IMG]

8. tmoneyeagles

Mark I know how to get it to the size you want. Photobucket isn't doing anything.

Once you clicked on the photo (on this site) click the button with the arrow on it right in between the move tool and the X. That'll get the photo REALLY big.

9. mark_h

:):) Already new that T$.:):) Now do that with the two sets of two pictures I posted - I think you will see the difference. The first was resized by photobucket. I had to change the upload size option.

10. Marshall

Marshall Junior Member

Are they all some type of doubled die?

11. mark_h

Yes they are. :) They are all DDO's.

12. Hobo

Hobo Squirrel Hater

Cool. Yesterday I cherrypicked an 1868 DDO Shield Nickel at a local show.

13. mark_h

Very cool. Everytime I go to the local shop I have 'em pull the whole rack of shield nickels looking for DDO and drastic re-cut dates. I think I need a 66, 69 and 76 for one from all the dates that have them. There is a couple on heritage right now, but I will probably skip them.

Draft saved Draft deleted