Sharing: Dansco Swiss Confederation Type Set

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by QuintupleSovereign, Apr 7, 2020.

1. QuintupleSovereign

QuintupleSovereign Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

That's a very nice album you have there, far more complete than mine. Out of curiosity, how much did those large diameter 5 Franc coins put you back?

4. QuintupleSovereign

I think the most expensive was $75, for the seated version.

Bradley Trotter likes this.
  5. Bradley Trotter

Here is my album, I bought it off of eBay early last year for $20.00. However, a few months ago I found an 1850 One Rappen that had migrated from its slot to in between the cardboard and outer layer of the page

Dansco Swiss Confederation Cover.JPG Dansco Swiss Confederation Type Page 1.JPG Dansco Swiss Confederation Type Page 2.JPG Dansco Swiss Confederation Type Page 3.JPG Dansco Swiss Confederation Type Page 4.JPG

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  6. Bradley Trotter

I would've loved to have run onto that coin for the price you paid. What about the one with Helevetia's Bust for the sake of curiosity?

QuintupleSovereign likes this.
  7. QuintupleSovereign

I think around $70 or so.

Bradley Trotter likes this.
  8. Seba79

Seba79 Well-Known Member

These are beautiful sets!

9. QuintupleSovereign

So I read on another forum that there was a Dansco version of a Spain and Portugual type set, from the Continental Line? Any idea if this is true?

10. Bradley Trotter

Too bad, Dansco didn't put a list of available Continental Line albums in the back of their albums. At this point, the existence of such an album is little more than conjecture without any images or auction records. Another course of action would be sending a PM to the original poster. However, depending on the age of the thread, the OP might not be active anymore.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  11. Seba79

Seba79 Well-Known Member

I know versions of these albums for Germany, two of them, Austria, Czechoslovakia, Hong Kong, Switzerland, Scandinavia, and a version of the US Type 7070. I have not seen anything about Spain and Portugal, but it would not be strange that there is.

QuintupleSovereign likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted