Share your impulse buys

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Seattlite86, Jul 15, 2016.

1. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

You picked a great coin from Panama with some beautiful toning!

4. Seattlite86

An understandable purchase for sure!

5. mark240590

mark240590 Rule Britannia !

My most recent impulse buy [emoji23] where do I start !

I got this the other day. A good few years back now I bought one in F condition and loved it although it had some serious rim dings its still cool. But I thought to myself next time a decent grade comes up and I have the funds I'll buy it. Well last week that day came.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

This Alexander III tetradrachm was such an impulse buy. I went into a coin shop to buy $5 worth of coin flips, and came out with this instead.

Alexander III Tetradrachm.jpg

And this denarius of Julia Domna was also an impulse buy. I was shopping for an early Roman Republic denarius and came across this instead. Before I even had time to think whether I should buy it, I had already bought it.

Julia Domna DIANA LUCIFERA.jpg

And last in my list of impulse buy is this M. Cipius M. F. denarius. I went to a dealer's website to buy an Alexander Severus denarius, and came across this coin while starting to browse the site. I hit the order button so fast and so many times that one would have been forgiven for thinking my hand was having a nervous tick.

M Cipius MF.jpg

Seattlite86 and Ajax like this.
  7. Seattlite86

Haha, when I started reading this, I thought it was going to be four pages long of impulse buys. Great choices!

8. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

How could I pass up this at .50 cents 20160719_215235.jpg

9. Seattlite86

Haha, the slab alone makes it worth it. I wonder who the poor fool was who sent that in??

10. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Wasn't me... I was the fool who said why not ,you only need to buy another safe now for all the over flow you purchased over the 50 plus years of collecting . Duh

Seattlite86 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted