Shameless Royal Mint Marketing

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by kaparthy, Nov 20, 2019.

1. kaparthy

kaparthy Well-Known Member

Stevearino likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Since we do not have a forum called Medal Chat, it makes sense to post that here. :D Not that I really care about Star Wars, but Darth maul did/does have something to do with the theme. Actual postal service stamps, I think, plus a mint medal ...

Actually the Paddington or Gruffalo coins (yes, Royal Mint pieces with a face value) are worse in my opinion. The alphabet series is on the edge - nice idea basically, but a tad much.

Christian

kaparthy and Stevearino like this.
  4. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Someone on the forums made this. I thought it was cool.
    1082393873677_Vadercoin.gif

Darkside and UncleScroge like this.
  5. John Johnson

John Johnson Well-Known Member

I kind of like it. What's 20 pounds in US Dollars, anyway? About $15? You're pointing out the medals are not actually coins, but ignoring the stamps. They are real and collectible. I might buy something like that, just because I think it's cool.

6. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Huh? £20 is roughly $26. Those stamps look nice, but I don't know how many people (in the UK, or elsewhere) still actually collect them ...

Christian

7. kaparthy

kaparthy Well-Known Member

I thought that the Alphabet series was a great idea. The coins are small denominations that move along well. The themes did not all excite me, not being British, but I understood most of them right away. In fact, a couple of colleagues have been sent to the UK and gave each $20 to come home with Alphabet coins and neither one did. Drat.

chrisild likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted