Shall we.....at the Monticello

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by CatW, Feb 21, 2017.

1. CatW

CatW Member

Shall we sit by the fire at the Monticello...
    2000 D Jefferson Nickel. I'm learning, but I think the term is a die chip or cud??? It looks as if there is a puff of smoke coming out of the Monticello like a chimney. I thought it was cute and wanted to share.
    20170220_233644.jpg 20170220_233211.jpg 20170220_232807.jpg 20170220_232755.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Could be a clashed die. That area lines up with Jefferson's ponytail. You may be able to see a clash oh the other side of the roof as well, that lines up with Jefferson's chin. Can't tell from the pic, but check for die polish lines, where the they tried to polish out the marks.

4. CatW

CatW Member

This is why I love being here. Even if that turns out to not be the case, the information, education, and assistance so many are willing to provide, is outstanding and received so graciously. I am getting more equipment this week so I can see these things better. As soon as it gets in, I will look into it further and post back. Thank you so very much.

5. Ordinary Fool

Ordinary Fool Active Member

This may be the sequel nickel to it. Yours may show where aliens fired the first shot and this one shows them landing on it maybe making ready to haul it away with a tractor beam. I believe there is a tetradactyl flying across the front lawn as well.

Attached Files:

6. CatW

CatW Member

Cute. I know you're not supposed to wash coins but that 1 could use some hot soapy water.:vomit:

7. Ordinary Fool

Ordinary Fool Active Member

You don't think it is MS?

Draft saved Draft deleted