Shah Iran

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by 7Calbrey, Jan 21, 2019.

1. 7Calbrey

7Calbrey Well-Known Member

I acquired this silver Persian coin today, bearing in mind that it might be a decent reproduction. After searching, I found out that it's listed under KM# 1058. Struck in 1333 AH (1914 AD), the coin has a denomination of 5000 Dinnars.
    Surprisingly I found that it has a reeded edge, thus making of this coin a very valuable
    pattern listed as PN# 47. The coin has been held or attached with a metallic handle which increased its weight to 24.33 g. Please post a comment if you like. Thank you.

ShahAh O.jpg ShahSult R.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Looks like the metal attachment was made to be used as a pendant for the lion side ?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Not that much valuable any more.. With that attached piece.. It's considered damaged!

7Calbrey likes this.
  5. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

After looking at my 2019 Krause world coin catalog I noticed 2 KM#'s for this coin. 1st KM#1018 5000 Dinars size in millimeters 33mm, KM#1058 5000 Dinars size in mm is 45mm. not sure if this helps you ?

7Calbrey likes this.
  6. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Looking at my book the Pn47 has the date SH1305 (1926) so I am not sure your coin is this coin ? Awesome Market value if it was it $12,000.:greedy::greedy::greedy:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    7Calbrey likes this.
  7. 7Calbrey

Many thanks for your kind and useful comments. I think the coin is likely to be a modern reproduction.

8. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

What is the size of your coin in millimeters ?

9. 7Calbrey

Diameter is 35 mm. Could that change any thing.

10. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

well if it was closer to 33mm ? it would be KM#1018

7Calbrey likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted