Several Spink Books are available on JSTOR

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Quant.Geek, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Quant.Geek

Quant.Geek Well-Known Member

I don't know how many of you have access to JSTOR, but several of the recent and older Spink Books have been made available for viewing and download, including "Byzantine Coins and Their Values", "Roman Coins and Their Values", and others...

upload_2019-11-27_19-5-32.png

Even though I have Sear's Roman and Byzantine books and Wilkes Islamic books, I prefer digital access for easier lookup and space, so I downloaded them. It is watermarked with my IP address, so it is going to stay with me :D

upload_2019-11-27_19-6-57.png

An additional thing to be thankful for during Thanksgiving!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. FitzNigel

FitzNigel Medievalist

Excellent tip! Thanks @Quant.Geek!

how were you able to find the spink books specifically?

Quant.Geek likes this.
  4. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting that!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

Quant.Geek likes this.
  5. FitzNigel

FitzNigel Medievalist

Never mind - I was able to find them by searching for one of the books and then clicking on the publisher. Thanks again for the heads up!

6. Quant.Geek

Yep. That is exactly how I got the list of available books. Apparently, there are going to be more books released under JSTOR :woot:. I am hoping that the Numismatic Circular is added as that would be invaluable...

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    benhur767 and FitzNigel like this.
  7. FitzNigel

FitzNigel Medievalist

Agreed! There has been an article from the circular that I have been trying to track down for a couple years. It would be excellent if they released those!

benhur767 and Quant.Geek like this.
  8. TIF

TIF Always learning.

9. benhur767

benhur767 Sapere aude

I thought I'd try by searching for the first title in the OP search results list. Here's what I got. Sad. :(

Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 18.58.12.png

10. FitzNigel

FitzNigel Medievalist

I suspect that may be the same with mine - my school has bare bones Jstor (have been out of town and unable to check...)

benhur767 likes this.
  11. Quant.Geek

There were several books I couldn't access either, namely the 2018 and 2019 Coins of England & the United Kingdom, the Cutenio and Normanby Hoard, and Catalogue de Timbres de France, but had no problem with the other books. I pretty much downloaded them all. It might be limited to the University as JSTOR locks down features based on the subscription the school bought. I would click on the publisher and run through the gambit of books to see which ones you have access to...

benhur767 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted