Settle this dispute - Kennedy Half

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Swervo513, Jun 12, 2021.

1. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

There also was a time when you could call a business and a live person would answer and direct your call to the proper person (or department).
    It's "greatly improved" to where you have to press 1 for English, listen to a minute recorded message and choose a number (1 through 9) to listen to another recorded message...choose a number...ad nauseam.

Marshall likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rte

rte Well-Known Member

Strike while the iron is Hot...:greedy:
    Ask you friend how many more he wants to buy at $100 each?
    Seriously though it's a circulated 1964 Kennedy, they minted what a half billion of them?

4. Marshall

Marshall Junior Member

This is a common problem with coins collected by variety as well as the crazy premiums given for shades of MS Grade ratings. Most people don't understand subtle differences.

The original MS range of value was 60 to 70 times a base value with up to a x3 premium for top pop.

Now the difference between a MS66 and MS67 can be 1000% when the difference falls well within the legitimately disputable (difference of opinion) grading range.

It's a byproduct of the Investor (buy/trust the slab) part of the market now.

5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Etsy is just a bunch of morons, trying to make a quick buck

6. Marshall

Marshall Junior Member

Etsy Betsy (on some sucker)

7. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

there was a guy I worked with, we were talking and he figured out I was a coin collector and knew values of gold and silver and stuff.

next day he comes in with a half dozen 1oz PAMP bars, asking me what I thought and invariably, if I'd buy them. Every one of them was fake, how do I know all 6 were fakes? All 6 had the same C number on the bars. There's other ways to tell of course but that's a dead giveaway. But rather than shatter his dreams or argue, I said no thanks it's not in my budget, that they are nice and he's so lucky, and for him to keep them and wait for gold to go up and sell them to any of the "we buy gold" places, and then wait for gold to go down and rebuy new ones which he played along with and dropped the sales pitch.

No point in arguing with the delusional. there doesn't need to be two crazy people. and if he doesn't know they are fakes, I'm not the guy to make him face reality about it, but I'm sure he knew. LOL if he goes to sell them and honestly doesn't know, then the "we buy gold" guys can be the ones to break it to him.

Treashunt likes this.
  8. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

Just tell the owner to sell this disaster of a coin, and get the money that he thinks it is worth. As the old saying goes “Show Me The Money.”

John Burgess likes this.
  9. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I have been in a mood, that what I say, and what others say,
    we have a boundary between us. This wasn't assault on CT. And I am sorry, I honestly have no beef with anyone of our fellow numismatist.
    I would hope that everyone here, keep a reality.

Most of the comments I make are in Jest.
    Although in jest, they are carefully worded.
    I have to blame my elder's for that.
    I grew up in a no punches pulled , mentality.
    It kept us sharp, there was no strife,
    Just a punch for a punch.

I should have gotten a time out for what I did a second time. I do believe as an example,
    our moderators have a heart. It maybe skewed in the opposite direction than mine, but the decision is acceptable and I will abide by it,
    All our mods have played a big part in my numismatic education, 2015 is when I got here, Made my first post. It was when I knew I had found what I was looking for A doubled die Kennedy half, Quite, a few coins later and
    this one popped up.
    A pre amble to the Kennedy Half.
    upload_2021-6-17_21-56-24.jpeg
    upload_2021-6-17_21-57-38.jpeg
    These were done by Medalic Art.
    upload_2021-6-17_22-21-28.jpeg
    upload_2021-6-17_22-22-15.jpeg
    I appreciate all the members here, no matter your back ground. Biased, and even more your educations into the subject, we all tend to gravitate more towards,
    U just be U, one of the things I despise is Ideology.

Draft saved Draft deleted