Seriously?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Treashunt, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Sold for $23......minus the fees that doesn't leave much, if any meat on the bone.

paddyman98 likes this.
  4. LaCointessa

LaCointessa Well-Known Member

Hi.
    If the buyer purchased 30 similar items the seller saves on shipping by packing all together and shipping for less than $10 priority and insured and all the rest of the fees (what? about 20 cents or so on each bill? should be deductible if this is the seller's business). Even if seller makes about $2.50 on each 20.00 bill that in the ordinary course he could have only used to buy 20$ worth of merchandise, I think he's doing okay. Am I missing something?

(Please take care in Tampa and everywhere else Irma and her two friends are headed).

5. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Just way to much work...LOL

Stevearino and LaCointessa like this.
  6. MrOrange1970

MrOrange1970 Active Member

I'm with the other's, those margins are way too tight for the amount of work involved.

7. Be better off going to Amazon and checking out the books and prices.

8. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

A rather big "if", don't you think? I'm guessing such a buyer would not be too pleased paying the quoted shipping per and receiving all in the same package.

That said, at 15% over face, I fail to see how they, after eBay and PayPal fees, could ever clear $2.50 per at this level.

9. LaCointessa

LaCointessa Well-Known Member

Not to make a big thing out of this or drag it out since I'm not a big fan of ebay these days (it used to be really cool and fun to both buy and sell); but, the reason why I thought the seller might be able to clear about $90 bucks selling 30 of these bills at this price in one sale is that the item description offers to combine shipping for up to 40 items. Even if seller used flat rate mailer to send 30 bills, he'd make a few bucks.

But I agree with you guys. It's way too much work just explaining my reasoning here much less selling a bunch of bills in a sale like that. I probably would have just spent them or put them away.

G'nite

10. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

No big deal about it; this is a discussion forum after all... ;)

My thoughts were this... at $23 that's a $3 "profit" per, short fees. If eBay and PayPal fees are estimated to be about 15% (or less depending on one's individual situation), there goes most to all of it. As for shipping, being as it's combined, he's not going to eek anything (worthwhile) extra off of it, and likely leaves him at or very close to the break even point.

That said, it's been some time since I've personally sold on eBay, so if I'm missing something, corrections are most appreciated.

11. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

The point is:
    Who would pay $23 for this.

12. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Hopefully for this seller this is a one time deal, not sure he will be around long
    with that kind of profit margin...

Draft saved Draft deleted