Serious advice/input on coin quality and time and funds spent to grade for auction purposes?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Walter Marx, Jul 18, 2019.

1. funnycoins

funnycoins no strike, no balls,no outs. Just give me an hour

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. funnycoins

4. funnycoins

5. funnycoins

6. funnycoins

So I blew up your 52D I think you own the
    1952-D 1¢ WRPM-001

Description: D/D Northwest

Cross References: CONECA: RPM #1, Coppercoins: 1952D-1MM-001

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11.png

Heavymetal likes this.
  7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

These close-ups are completely useless!

Chris

8. funnycoins

Attached Files:

9. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

Please don't bank your financial future on the chance a coin grades high enough to bail you out of a mess. You'd be better off taking a loan against an asset, or selling your car or something, or applying for a new credit card with enough space to put the debt there and then dig the card out with a bit more time to do it. Pretty much anything besides spending the time on the hope of getting a modern, newer coin graded to a point it's worth thousands to a collector. It just almost never happens, above MS67 is few and far far between. Usually people wait the month for it to return to them and they find out it will sell for less than they invested into it because it didn't grade as high as they had hoped it would.

And in your specific situation, your problem will be compounded and out of time to do anything about it.

10. Walter Marx

Walter Marx Active Member

What would I look for as markers on this 98 DDR? I've got a pile to go thru. A couple look like possible candidates.

11. Walter Marx

Are you certain about the 1983 D ddr? I haven't been able to find any literature which speaks of it's existence let alone a picture. If you've got a good link to share that'd be great, I've got my pile of 83 Ds ready with my 98s on deck. Thanks again, looking forward to hearing back.

12. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

@Walter Marx

I don't know if you're aware of it, but you're quoting/replying to yourself in the above post. In order to question someone about their post you should :
    1) Quote THEIR post
    2) Reply to THEIR post
    or
    3) Call THEIR handle, as I called your name above.

Any of those three actions will be the fastest way to get the attention of whomever's post you're referring to.

I hope I'm not seeming to be condescending towards you. I'm just trying to help.

Please keep posting. You've started an interesting thread.

13. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Which 1998 DDR with the 'doubled' head was your attributed # . and did they give an estimated value? Most of the extra Lincoln body parts ( knee, leg, etc. ) seem valued way less than your attribution fees. Jim

14. frankjg

frankjg Well-Known Member

terrible awful advice.
    Never add interest bearing debt to clean up existing debt. That’s called digging yourself a hole you will never get out of.

15. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

Maybe so.... what's your solution to needing a few thousand dollars in a short period of time besides selling stuff you own or taking a loan, because gambling that pocket change will grade MS68 or higher and sell for a few grand isn't the solution, just a pipe dream.

16. Walter Marx

You had mentioned,If I read correctly, an 83D ddr. I haven't found any info that speaks of the coin . I did find one curious candidate in my bag of 83Ds. I'm on the fence with the doubling but some are f the letter shapes have me wondering. For example bthe Left cross bar of T in United is longer, the lower hook of C In cent extends slightly higher. Here are a couple pics , I know it's very unlikely ro be it and chances are I totally misunderstood and the coin In question doesn't even exist. But feel free to take a look if you like. Thanks.
    I guess the logical thing to do here would have been to start a new thread. My mistake IMG_20190720_124047.jpg IMG_20190720_122616.jpg IMG_20190720_124252.jpg IMG_20190720_122653.jpg IMG_20190720_130945.jpg IMG_20190720_122737.jpg IMG_20190720_122616.jpg IMG_20190720_122843.jpg IMG_20190720_122737.jpg IMG_20190720_122843.jpg IMG_20190720_122843.jpg

Attached Files:

17. Walter Marx

They sure are

18. Walter Marx

No offense at all taken, i usually don't have trouble like that, it was a late night so that probably had something to do with it. I appreciate your concern though, I'll pay more attention next time, thank you!

Hookman likes this.
  19. funnycoins

Wiles has had it for 2-3 weeks but included in his email that his summer schedule may require an extra 2+ weeks. I was comparing it to the 008 with extra pedestals and center pedestal damage but not one with the extra body parts. For $18 plus insurance and shipping he gets his rights to the photos so if it comes in I'm sure he will update his checklist on variety vista.

20. funnycoins

21. Walter Marx

I've yet to to online for the 83D DDR, Just logged on to cointalk and this is the first notification on my screen. I came to day looking for actually, I just found what I would assume is the coin in question, not sure about the one I posted yesterday but this morning's discovery has me anxious to see some actual examples and die markers. I know I should probably check into the link you sent first but I you'd like a look . I found this in a half empty penny roll this morning before work, it was the last roll of ten that I had picked up Friday afternoon and for whatever reason put aside and somewhat forgot about them. What instantly caught my eye was the misshapen and oversized letters particularly in AMERICA and the As of STATES, Any way, take a gander at the rear of this 1983 D cent. And as always, I'm operating with some pretty simple photography equipment, sorry for the low grade pics, I do the best with what I have to work with, sorry. IMG_20190721_101934.jpg IMG_20190721_101139.jpg IMG_20190721_101356.jpg MVIMG_20190721_091309~3.jpg IMG_20190721_092230.jpg IMG_20190721_092237.jpg IMG_20190721_092335~2.jpg IMG_20190721_092442.jpg IMG_20190721_095239.jpg IMG_20190721_101410.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted