Series 1950 D Received in Change

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Digenes, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Digenes

Digenes Just a collector

I know it is no big deal for most, but for myself who basicly can only afford to collect the older style notes I get in change, received a pleasant surprise in some change I received at a local store. A series 1950 D 5 dollar note.

Dave

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

You will want to look at the district number that the fiver was issued in, because this was the tail end of the wet note printing in the mid 1960s and some of the districts like Dallas are a bit scarcer.

4. Digenes

Digenes Just a collector

When it comes to Paper Money, I have little to no knowledge what so ever. I was able to scan the note and have included them here

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks
    Dave

5. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

super find!!! i love it when i find notes that old - it doesnt happen often.. buti do love it when it does happen!

6. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

The terms of the signatories on this note were from 1963-5. It had about 21 Million printed notes for that district, not a scarce district, but still still scarcer than the 1963 dated notes.

7. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

pretty cool find...notes from this District (Phillie) in Gem Condition usually sell between $6- and $70 USD
    Thanks for sharing that.

RickieB

8. Great find! It looks well worn but not too badly beat up and not stained. You are very lucky! The best I have found is a off-center 1981-A $20.

9. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

If you ask around at banks and get in good with the tellers, they will find Series 1934 notes for you like they do for me. I have a whole load of $20s, $50s and $100s from the 1934 - 1950 series that I have gotten from bank tellers. Of course they do not mind getting little treats in favours.

Draft saved Draft deleted