Sequential Bills...

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by vwap, Sep 21, 2007.

1. NateBrowns

NateBrowns New Member

Hi Steve, I googled looking for info on sequential bills and found this thread, with this response of yours being recent, so hopefully you’ll see this question...

I have two 1981 $50 bills with sequential serial numbers, and each bill is in excellent condition, maybe circulated once... but a friend that was a bank teller gave them to me after and older lady deposited a bunch of vintage bills she had found in an envelope that had previously been packed away for over 30 years...

Since most 1981 $50 bills have long been destroyed, are the two sequential bills I have hold any value over 100 bucks, or are they just cool collectibles? I hope to hear back! Thanks.

Nate

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Being consecutive brings additional value to some collectors. In uncirculated condition I would expect the notes to bring somewhere between $75-$100. More for replacement notes and fancy serial numbers. If you can tie up $100 and like them, then keep them.

I’ve been known to keep some lightly circulated older notes, most however are the smaller denominations.

4. Sandra J Kay

Sandra J Kay New Member

5. Sandra J Kay

Sandra J Kay New Member

Grandparents put these away, so they are like new. Nine 1976 sequential One Dollar Bills. I'm not certain what to do with these and a few other bills.

Attached Files:

6. Legomaster1

Legomaster1 Cointalk Patron

Since those bills are an older series (1969B), crisp, and sequential they definitely have value over face.
    Try listing them on ebay!

7. Sandra J Kay

Sandra J Kay New Member

Thank you for the suggestion.

8. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

I'm fortunate enough that I collect consecutive serial numbered $100, $20, $5, and $1 bills. One time I asked my bank to cash my check with new bills. I was told that they only get circulated bills. It kinda got me mad in that I thought they just didn't want to go through the process of locating new bills. I wrote to the President of the company and the manager asking why I couldn't get new bills. Neither called me. When I cashed my next check, I, again, asked for new bills. I got some fresh bills, but not new bills.
    Another item, I was living in Uruguay from 1966 to 1968. I cashed an American check for Uruguay currency and was given 10-10 Peso bills in sequential serial numbers. They were dated in 1967 and were only worth about 10 cents each. I placed them in may journal to keep them fresh. I few years ago, I took them out of my journal and placed them in currency holders. They still look like they are fresh from the bank... still only worth about ten cents each.

9. Carrie Mead

Carrie Mead New Member

Where would be the best place to sell money that has specially patterend ,sequintid,Bineriel serial numbers on it? Like : 101001..556655....123321...etc?

10. Legomaster1

Legomaster1 Cointalk Patron

You can post it in the “For Sale” section of this forum after several posts on the site.
    Another good place to sell them is ebay.

11. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Modern sequenced paper money is common. The only way the value increases is if some of the notes contain fancy serial numbers.

Draft saved Draft deleted