Sequential Bills...

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by vwap, Sep 21, 2007.

1. kdolson

kdolson New Member

I just got a 2 dollar strap and found 4 in a row *notes F00568510* to F13* is that money o ya 2013y it said its rare when I looked it up to have 2 in a row I got 4 and they are * notes

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cliff Smallwood

Cliff Smallwood New Member

I have almost one hundred $1 bills in sequential order....year 2013... is there any value in keeping them? And they are in uncirculated condition

4. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

Probably not unless they're stars and even then it would depend on district and print run: http://www.uspapermoney.info/serials/f2013_s.html.

Cliff Smallwood likes this.
  5. Cliff Smallwood

I also have a $20 note with the serial number
    MF 58875887 D year 2013 and it's in almost uncirculated condition
    Is there any value in this note?

6. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

To me it's not. But I think that serial is called a "repeater", and people do collect them in the high grades. Check google for "fancy serial numbers".
    There's a link in the paper money forum somewhere.

Cliff Smallwood likes this.
  7. Cliff Smallwood

Ok thanks.... I'm new to this and have alot of bills I collected..... I also have a bill with an X at the end of the serial number U at the end of the serial number which I've never seen before ..... what kind of currency are you interested in?

8. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

I also recently got some of those high letter bills. X, W etc.
    I have some circulated US notes. $5 silver certs, some $2 red seals, $1 silver certs, a few Barr notes. I have a nice $10 national bank note I got from my LCS for $15, and the prices I am seeing now on Ebay are insane. My best one is a $10 gold certificate from 1922.
    If you go to the paper money thread (new acquisitions?) I posted photos in there.
    It's a great thread to look at anyway, as all the notes in there are really nice.

9. CCMint

CCMint Tempus fugit

How exactly did that last pair happen?

10. pragmatic

pragmatic Well-Known Member

Haven't seen many interested in sequential bills. Here in Egypt, having 3 sequential banknotes is the same value as 3 separate ones. What is more interesting to collectord are special numbers. Heard of the special number polymer sterling banknote sold for +50,000 sterling pounds? The queen has the nee polymer with serial A10000001. This is something to look for in a banknote. Other than that, it will be just an addition to your ad title on e-bay.

11. Skippy Topaz

Skippy Topaz PAPERBOY

I had to buy those... probably off eBay (can't remember), I doubt I'd ever find two of the same serial number in circulation in a million years.. not sure how the person I got them from acquired them.. probably a bank teller or something

12. newbie1

newbie1 New Member

Can someone tell me if i should keep these ? i think its cool but still deciding.

13. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Welcome to Coin Talk! Maybe you should add some images to your question. ;)

Christian

14. Scott S.D.S.

Scott S.D.S. New Member

I have 5 $20 bills with sequence numbers
    ML 3358292 J through ML 3358296 J are these worth anything or worth saving?

15. Jeri Rodgers

Jeri Rodgers New Member

I truly enjoy colleting star notes, fancy serial numbers, and sequential numbers ex; I have 5, $20.00 bills straight from the ATM that ends in numbers 86, 87, 88, 89 and 90 in a protective sleeve.

16. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Welcome to CT @Scott S.D.S.

You’re short a serial number, (there should be 8), but otherwise all modern currency is distributed consecutive, so yours are just new bills....nothing special, sorry.

17. EvaFay65

EvaFay65 New Member

I have 20 one dollar bills starting L41245742Q to L41245760Q date 2013 uncirculated are they worth anything

18. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Welcome to CT @EvaFay65.

Your notes have no collector value, and are distributed in packs of 100 consecutive serial numbers.

19. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

Those notes with the same serial numbers are also "binary" notes. Meaning that the serial number contains only two distinct numbers. There are collectors for those, so they carry a small premium.

20. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Notes with the same serial numbers are called counterfeit...:)

21. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

Not if they have different prefix and suffix letters. I was referring to the numerical part of the serial number only.

Kentucky likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted