Sequential 1985 $10 run of 34 found at bank

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by 1913LibertyHeadNickel, Mar 19, 2018.

1. 1913LibertyHeadNickel

1913LibertyHeadNickel Well-Known Member

My amazing teller, who I visited over the weekend, informed me one of her customers came in to deposit $10,000 in old bills. I took all the 10s and 20s, and lucky me, there was a run of 34 straight 1985 NY bills, all looking crisp and never transacted. Any premium on these? I recently sold a run of 8 $100 bills on ebay for $320 over FV so I'm hoping for similar results here.

Stevearino likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Good for you. Is there any way you could post pics or give us complete serial numbers ? They all ballpark for about the same, but some districts could be worth more. Any star notes ?

4. 1913LibertyHeadNickel

I'll post a pic when I get home. There were no star notes or fancy serial #s in the run, and they were from the common NY B- block.

5. 1913LibertyHeadNickel

IMG_7895.JPG IMG_7896.JPG IMG_7897.JPG IMG_7898.JPG
    Here you go

6. 1913LibertyHeadNickel

Also, these were a few others I got from banks yesterday.

Attached Files:

EatYourWheatPennies likes this.
  7. 1913LibertyHeadNickel

IMG_7894.JPG And I forgot to mention...she didn't notice she had the $2 red seal so I obviously took that also. These finds are all from the same bank as the consecutive $10s

EatYourWheatPennies likes this.
  8. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

You have some good finds there. The consecutive $10 1985 notes reminds me of when I went on a 33 day tour of Central America in 2014. A week or so into the trip I started noticing nearly uncirculated and consecutive $10 1985 notes from the A-A block were turning up frequently with merchants wherever we went. I managed to track them to one of my fellow tour mates and I was able to buy out the rest that he had (they either came from a currency exchange place in Costa Rica or back home in the UK).

Anyway, I'm curious about the $5 notes that you have in your last picture. Can you post a picture of those spread out so I can get an idea of blocks and signatures?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    Stevearino likes this.
  9. 1913LibertyHeadNickel

Will do...there was nothing crazy there...just some older 5s in better condition that I'll keep. Mostly 1977-81-81A-85. I'll probably go back next Sunday with doughnuts and hope for some more cool finds. I can post a pic later.

10. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

So, will it chocolate or flowers for that teller?

Steve

11. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

If you give us girls chocolate and flowers. our eyes twinkle when we see you.

12. EatYourWheatPennies

EatYourWheatPennies Active Member

I have yet to find some that are $10 and $20

13. 1913LibertyHeadNickel

I looked through the 5s, just as I thought nothing crazy...not even an 81A. They were just some older small faces that I held on to. I forgot to take a pic and already put them away :-X

Draft saved Draft deleted