Sentimental piece stolen

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Kirkuleez, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

I know who had it. No need to tell him anything though, he lost an arm in Iraq being one of my heroes and has just been down on his luck. I knows the guy pretty well and I know he wouldn't have done it unless he had no other options. Chances are that I'll never even mention it to him and I'll keep the same respect for him that I've always had. All's well that ends well.

ThinnPikkins, Whipps, miedbe7 and 6 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Great news!

4. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

Fantastic news!! And extremely noble of you.

Weston likes this.
  5. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Amazing that you got the coin back. And the circumstances are quite interesting too. Guess that, if I knew who took it, I would still have odd feelings later - even if I knew about the "background" ... So, great in more than one way!

Christian

6. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

You sir, are a good man.

Weston and silverbullion like this.
  7. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

I tip my hat to you good sir. A true gentleman.

silverbullion likes this.
  8. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

I would most certainly plunk it back down in front of him at my next opportunity. Just to show that you don't mess with the Kirk-man. That you have a very unique set of skills and that you will find it, And you will get it back.

Seriously though, if I stole something and then the person I stole it from plopped it back in front of me. I'd be pretty intimidated. That shows that you went to GREAT lengths to get it back, and by placing it back in front of him, you basically are letting him know that you know it was him, and dare him to do something similar ever again. No words ever exchanged but a message loud and clear.

9. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

That's good to know, but I hope you've learned something from this. In the future use some junk coin for your pocket marker.

Chris

Jwt708 likes this.
  10. cpm9ball

You're a good man, Charley Brown! My hat's off to you!

Chris

11. cpm9ball

12. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

Your such a great guy Kirk, I'm glad you found it in the end. Are you going to continue to use it as the pool marker?

13. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Just heard the news.....glad you got your piece back. Oh, and Kirk? You're a classy guy...........:)

14. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Me? Learn something? I wish I could say that I did, but my game suffered this session without it. I actually lost four matches in a row without it. Previously my longest loss streak in nearly twenty years was two matches in a row.

15. miedbe7

miedbe7 Wayward Collector

I'm glad it was found! Good for the company that was on the lookout for it. You must have known every nook and cranny of that coin and probably gave a pretty detailed description (didn't you not have a photo of it? can't remember and too lazy to click the first post :))

What great restraint you have in not seeking revenge or at least an apology. I don't think I could do that. Maybe treat yourself to a new cue with all the good karma you've now accumulated. What a story!

16. cpm9ball

Nope! You didn't lose the match. You lost your concentration.

Chris

17. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Congrats on finding it again; thank you for giving us an update and some good news.

18. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

You have to make a one-armed bandit crack in front of the guy now, and then ;).

Gotta!!! Can't.... Pass..... It..... Up!

19. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

You're a lucky guy. Very happy for you, Kirk.

BTW, that isn't one-piece slate, is it?

20. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

It was till I dropped it...

Just kidding, it was two piece with a wax seam. That's what he was worried about and why we hired a guy. I could cover a one piece.

Draft saved Draft deleted