Sending out a CAC submission - nothing real valuable.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by C-B-D, Nov 25, 2018.

1. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I don't send much anymore, but these 7 are going out just because I'm not in a rush to sell them. Some specialty coins along with some that appear to me to be conservatively graded. (That Horn 9 Indian 1c is the second finest known). Hope I don't waste any money, and hope I catch a gold sticker... (fat chance).
    What do you think?
    DSCN9572-down.JPG DSCN9576-down.JPG q-down.jpg DSCN9561-down.JPG s-l1600.jpg DSCN9568-down.JPG DSCN9557-down.JPG

Tater, Paul M., LA_Geezer and 7 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hoky77

Hoky77 Well-Known Member

Would this be the third S-21 known? There can't be more than a half dozen of the 1862 S-2s maybe making this one the finest known?

4. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Yes, I think so. Interestingly, if you look at the Trueview of the AU58 on CoinFacts, there's a HUGE obverse scratch that the graders chose to ignore. That coin would fit right in with the current theme of TPG travesties vs defense going on all over CT these days...

LA_Geezer, TypeCoin971793 and Hoky77 like this.
  5. Hoky77

Hoky77 Well-Known Member

What about the 1862, I edited my post so you might have missed my question

6. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

There's a 65 and two 63's ahead of my lone MS62. But they are super tough to find, for sure.

Hoky77 likes this.
  7. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

Are you sending in yourself or through a dealer? I wish you luck. I have a ever growing pile of coins I need to send in. I just find myself preferring to buy more coins rather than sending it to CAC.

Paul M. and C-B-D like this.
  8. CircCam

CircCam Victory

Great coins- I really like that SLQ. CAC bean dispensing is a mystery to me, but that bustie looks silly in an XF40 holder IMO and appears to be the most undergraded of the group.

...I feel like the 1902 looked a lot more wholesome/attractive in the NGC scans and seller photos than in the TrueViews. Maybe it’s just me but the obverse image looks blurry/out of focus or something.

Best of luck on the submission!

C-B-D likes this.
  9. Coin-Dude

Coin-Dude Active Member

I agree with CircCam. Your 1834 half is the most under graded.
    Might go AU53.
    Good luck on your CAC submissions.

C-B-D likes this.
  10. Omegaraptor

Omegaraptor Gobrecht/Longacre Enthusiast

Whoa, an 1896 Horned 9! Was that an Ebay pick, by any chance?

C-B-D likes this.
  11. BigTee44

BigTee44 Well-Known Member

The 1862 Cent, 1834 Bustie and the 1943 Walker will sticker.

My guess

C-B-D likes this.
  12. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

That purple /blue IHC is so cool looking. Digging bust half toning too.

C-B-D likes this.
  13. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Sending in myself... I have a CAC dealer membership.

jtlee321 likes this.
  14. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I paid up for it, but used eBay bucks to cover it. A well known Indian Cent variety guy listed it and I bought it, then had it slabbed.

15. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I agree that the NGC scan showed the luster... the trueview shows the color. I have never photographed it myself. I'll give it a shot soon.

CircCam likes this.
  16. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

The 1834 is really pretty. Green for sure. Hope it gets a gold.

CircCam and C-B-D like this.
  17. IBetASilverDollar

IBetASilverDollar Well-Known Member

A nice selection there. Good luck with the sub

18. calcol

calcol Supporter! Supporter

Really nice group of coins.

Does CAC discriminate against coins that have the possibility of a full strike (FH, FS, FB, FBL) but don't have it on the slab? For example, would a standing liberty quarter with full head designation have a better chance of getting a CAC sticker than SLQ of same date, mint and grade w/o a FH designation? Or are coins with and without full strike designation considered as separate, non-comparable categories? I believe color categories of copper are considered as separate and non-comparable .... but am not sure.

Cal

19. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I am not sure either, but I once sent him a rattler Morgan, PCGS MS62 PL. It came back without a sticker and a note on it that said, "63 but not PL."

EyeAppealingCoins likes this.
  20. CircCam

CircCam Victory

How can someone determine if its reflectivity isn’t in fact worthy of a PL designation when it’s encased in plastic?

21. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

JA can... I guess.

Draft saved Draft deleted