Seminar in mexican coins this summer!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by A Mexican, Mar 17, 2009.

1. A Mexican

A Mexican Member

If you are into Mexican coins this message is for you. I am very glad to announce that I will be having the great honor of giving the second part of a seminar regarding Mexican coins at the American Numismatic Association this year as part of their Summer Seminar program. The complete seminar will take place on Sesion II (July 4 to 10) listed in their agenda under number 43, "The History of Mexico Through Her Coinage: Part II, 1868 - Present".

You don't need to have attended the first part to understand this section because we'll review each one of the 14 Mexican mints to place you upto date. Also we'll review in depth the History behind the interesting coins of the Mexican Revolución and review some of their varieties. My presentations are extremely graphic in a PowerPoint format, no transparencies or slides here.

For those attending just the first week, I will also have the chance to give a mini-seminar regarding the Mexican Colonial Coinage June 27-28 from 6:30 to 9:30 PM that ties well with other mini-seminars given that week like Benjamin Swagerty's "World Coin Overview" & "Collecting the World" or a complement to the full seminar of Sedwick's "Cobs and Other Shipwrek's Coins".

For more information, please review "Summer Seminar", under the Coin Events tab in the ANA's official webpage (www.money.org) Gracias and I do hope to see you there!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

Congratulations :) Tis not every day you get to host a seminar for the ANA.

4. Hobo

Hobo Squirrel Hater

Good deal, Ricardo. As I told you in a PM, I won't be taking your courses because I am already signed up for other courses. You are welcome to attend my mini-seminar on basic counterfeit detection.

5. clembo

clembo A closed mind is no mind

Congratulations (to both of you!).

I will continue to add to my "vast" collection (LOL) of Mexican coinage by what strikes me and what walks in the door at work. Oh yeah, price has a pretty big influence as well.

Probably a few times we could have used your expertise at work though. We occasionally get "older" stuff in (1700s) and not being well versed it can be difficult to attribute. All the boss knows is that my coworker and I can read and use computers so guess who does the research?

6. A Mexican

A Mexican Member

Gracias

Gracias Amigos. Thanks for all the great support regarding this course. My intention is to extend an open invitation for this event. Sure thing! I am definitely available for any enquiries any of you may have regarding Mexican coins, if I cannot assist you immediately (as no one knows everything, unless you are 17 years of age!) I will try to seek expertise from elsewhere and all of us will have the chance to learn a thing or two. Thanks Bruce for your kind invitation, I will do my best to attend :) Take care, Ricardo.

7. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

MAzal Tov and it should go great!

Draft saved Draft deleted